🦋 Request One 🦋

Two-Bit Matthews' P.O.V

When she walked in I knew something was different. Vivian has been my best friend since the day we met, the sparkle in her blue eyes was replaced with a dark and gloomy storm cloud in them.

What? I can be a poet when I wanna I'm not all mouth. Anyway, back to Vivian. "Viv are you okay?" Darry asks as he looks up from his paper, everyone stopped what they were doing and looked towards her.

"Yeah I'm fine." Lying straight through her teeth I could tell by the pained smile on her face. It wasnt her usual wide Cheshire cat like grin. "Vivian, I know you're not okay. C'mon you can tell us." I call softly walking towards her and putting my hand on her shoulder.

Vivian's P.O.V

As soon as Two-Bit put his hand on my shoulder that's when the tap was turned. I let all my emotions rain out in the form of tears. "I had a little run in with some Socs." I start to explain. "Did they hurt you?" Dallas asks standing up, ready to find whoever made me cry.

"Physically? No. Mentally? Yes." Everyone watches me, encouraging me to carry on. "I don't understand why they would say something like that. I'm no different to them. So what my skin is a different colour to them but that doesnt mean they can call me all sorts of names. I have feelings too." She cries.

"They fucking what?" Darry shouts. "Language." I sniffle out. "Sorry. I'm so sorry that happened to you Viv. You are no different from anyone else in this room. They're just jealous they arent as beautiful and kind as you are." Darry states.

"Darry's right. You are amazing Viv and we're so glad you're here with us and you showed up in our lives because you're the sun that shines over us." Two-Bit tells me making me grin from ear to ear. "Who knew you could be so genuine and gentle." I tease.

"Shut up. C'mon let's all go get some food." Two-Bit chuckles.

You know, Racism will never disappear from this world but I know for sure that I am beautiful just the way I am. No matter what anyone tries to tell me. I am also equal to everyone else.

And I also know my friends helped me realise this.