🦋Johnny Cade🦋

Y/I = Your initial

Everyone has a soulmate. Someone who they will fall in love with, it can be slowly it can be very quick. It could seem like they'll never fall in love with you. But no matter what, you'll be in love. Y/N met theirs when they were very young.

The boy they met was Johnny Cade. He was their soulmate but they didn't know it at that point. As soon as they turned 16 a small J appeared on their wrist. "Dally! My soulmate initial came in." They run to their brother.

"What's the initial?" "It's J." Y/N shows their brother the initial. "Maybe it's Johnnycakes." Dally chuckles. "Do you think?" Y/N asks shocked, they had always liked Johnny ever since they were 7. "It very well could be. Well come on let's head to the Curtis house." Dallas says grabbing his siblings arm. Upon arrival everyone was their including Johnny.

"Hey Y/N! You got your soulmate initial yet?" Sodapop asks. "Yep, I got a J." Y/N smiles showing off their wrist, Johnny looked up immediately. "Johnnycakes what's yours?" Steve asks curious to see if Y/N and Johnny were soulmates. "O-oh it's a L. (If your initial is L imagine it's a different one)" He lies, he wasn't good enough for Y/N, he didn't want to have them downgrade to him.

Y/N's heart sunk, they were upset that Johnny wasn't their soulmate. But they were also worried what if their soulmate was a soc? They don't know what they'd do. Everyone went about their day, as if nothing had happened. In all honesty everyone was hoping that Johnny and Y/N were soulmates, they'd be perfect together.

It had been a few weeks since Y/N had gotten their soulmate mark. They had made no progress on finding out who their soulmate was. On that particular day Y/N, Ponyboy and Johnny were hanging out. Y/N and Johnny started play fighting, Y/N had Johnny pinned down. Something on his wrist caught their eye. They faltered causing Johnny to flip them over and pin them down. "Johnny?" Y/N questions. "Yeah?" He responds. "Why did you lie?" Y/N asks. "Lie? Lie about what?"

Ponyboy watches on confused, he could hear everything they were saying. "Why did you lie about your soulmate initial? You said it was L but it's not it's Y/I." Y/N states, looking upset that Johnny lied. "I- You're too good for me Y/N I knew as soon as I saw the initial that you were my soulmate, I just wanted you to find someone who was much better than me." Johnny confesses.

"Do you want to know the hardest thing about having a soulmate? It's not the separation in the beginning, not the endless nights lying awake, hoping and praying that someone was made for you. It's...it's the love. It's too strong, and you can't fight it. I've tried. Believe me, I've tried...but I'm always going to love you. And I need you to know that." Y/N tells Johnny by the end of their speech they were nearly crying.

"Y/N I'm sorry. I love you too." Johnny confesses, Y/N looks into his eyes searching for any kind of lie. There wasn't any, so they leaned up and kissed their soulmate. They pulled away and noticed the position they were in, blushing they both got up. Y/N looked at their wrist and saw that their initial was now next to the J. A heart surrounding them.