13 || The Froyo Encounter

Start from the beginning

"Awwwww...you feel cold? I'll fix it..yeah?"

She grabbed the remote control and adjusted the room temperature. Now leaning again on the counter she smiled.

"There! It's done. Now better?"

He nodded slowly, trying to form the next words.

"Thanks you," his voice came out small but his sweet bunny smile outshined his anxiety.

Taehyung leaned his face on his palm, elbows propped on the table and took in the conversation unfolding before him, a soft smile tugged on his plum lips.

The girl offered the kid an ice-lolly at which the kid gave out a happy squeal and turned around to run back to his parents but halted right there when he saw Taehyung.

Taehyung waved his hand lightly, smiling at the kid who was staring at him without blinking his eyes.

He then slowly raised his small hands towards Taehyung and squeaked "Pr..Pretty!" and scooted away to his parents, leaving taehyung wide-eyed, his gaze following the back of the little figure trotting across the floor. A soft blush tinted his cheeks.

"Good job Hannie!" The kid's mother praised, oblivion to the compliment her son had thrown oh-so-casually at Taehyung.

"My boy Hansol--is a brave boy!" his father, who had his back facing Taehyung, cooed ruffling the kid's hair.

Right! That he is!

The kid-- Hansol giggled.

Cute. Lovely bub.

Taehyung felt his daily dosage of happiness soaking him--- with the little giggles of the innocent kid.

He turned his gaze back to the sky, letting the gentle breeze through the window caress his exposed skin, a dreamy look on his face.

The doorbell jingled behind Taehyung and a tall ravenette wearing an oversized black hoodie with black jeans and a bucket hat propped on his head, covering nearly half of his face, entered the shop.

He made his way to the counter and a smile lighted up the girl's face.

"Hello Jungkook-shi!" she welcomed the ravenette with a glee.

"Hey, Liz!" Jungkook replied with a small hint of a smile.

"The usual?" Liz asked knowingly since Jungkook was a regular customer there on Sundays.

"Yeah" he replied, his hands tucked in his jean and focusing on Liz's hands while she swiftly started preparing the order.

He always felt a sense of satisfaction and calmness engulfing him while observing the plain frozen yoghurt being turned into a sweet delicacy--- one of the many reasons for his regular visits to the shop.

Though the proximity between Taehyung and Jungkook wasn't that far---- just a few feet away, neither Taehyung nor the ravenette spared a glance at each other.

Well, Taehyung was too preoccupied in the process of appreciating nature and the ravenette simply wasn't a socializing persona, except in the office, moreover, he was gazing at his froyo, with absorbed attention, which was now sitting in its cup ready to be beautified.

About two minutes later, Taehyung let out a deep satisfied breath and got up to leave. He sent a small wave in the direction of the girl behind the counter making her blush hard and wave back at him.

Taehyung looked back one last time at Hansol who was busy licking off the sprinkles stuck to his fingers. He smiled at the sweet sight and turned around walking towards the door.

Hansol saw Taehyung leaving but Jungkook's figure who was walking a good few metres behind Taehyung blocked his view. He jumped out of his stool immediately and ran towards Taehyung.

Hansol in his excitement to catch up with Taehyung rammed into Jungkook's long legs making Jungkook trip and send his froyo flying in the air while Hansol screamed "Prettyyyy!".

Taehyung was almost there by the door-side when Hansol's scream made him stop and turn around abruptly.

A cold semi-solid creamy substance smacked on his face and something else toppled over his body--- apparently, it was a froyo cup with the remaining froyo in it.

Taehyung's eyes were squeezed shut, his face scrunched up while in contrast, Jungkook's eyes were almost popping off its sockets stunned, a barely 2-feet Hansol blinking by his side.

"I'm...I'm so sorry. So sorry" Jungkook plead, snapping out of his daze.

Taehyung just stood there frozen like a statue with yoghurt dripping down his face.

Jungkook blinked a few times before rushing to wipe Taehyung's face with the tissue in his hand.

He raised his hand with the tissue towards Taehyung's face while letting the other curl gently around Taehyung's nape.

The moment his hands made contact with Taehyung's skin, he shot open his eyes, taking few steps backwards after grabbing the tissue in his own hands.

"Jungkook?!"

Jungkook gulped.

Taehyung? Of all people? Seriously?

Both of them were cut off from their premature daze when Hansol's baby voice voiced out a question.

"Daddy?"

Taehyung's eyes went wide.

What? "DADDY?!"

Taehyung gaped at the humans standing in front of him while Jungkook's Bambi eyes were already out of their sockets as he snapped his attention to the knee-high little kid who was looking up innocently with his big baby blue eyes.

"Hannie?!"

*****

Heyya, lovelies!!

I get mellow vibes from this chapter. 

Taehyung meets Hansol! Excited?

*claps hand silently in excitement* 

Remember to click the little star (vote) button down there every time you move on to the next chap!

And follow me here:  EuphoricOnyx 
for updates and news ;)

-EuphoricOnyx-

******