Chapter 13 - Boys Will Be Boys

Start from the beginning

Matt? Who the fuck is Matt?

Anger was pulsing through his veins, as if the only thing keeping his body focused was liquid rage, instead of blood. James was certain this Matt guy was going to feel what pain really was. James pulled his trousers on in fury, replaying the disgusting ideas the boy had suggested that he did to Lily.

God Lil...this bastard's gonna pay!

'So how far have you got with her?'

This stopped James dead in his tracks, and he listened intently.

'Progressing,' James heard the smile in his voice, 'any day now she's gonna be aching to get into my bed...guys, that virgin's gonna be mine.'

James tore the door open, slamming it against the ceramic wall and the crash silencing the large changing room. He looked at the boys as he walked into the room, his shirt askew in the rage of pulling it on. The moment he saw them, everything fit into place like a sick and twisted jigsaw.

He acknowledged the Ravenclaw chaser with pure contempt, 'Hmm, really? Somehow...I don't think so.'

After the shock of everything he'd said being heard by the Head Boy, Matthew narrowed his dark eyes, 'Ohhh, I get it...he does have a thing for the Head Girl.'

James fumed as he watched him leer, 'Appropriate name don't you think?'

He restrained himself from pointing his wand at the boy and shouting the worst Unforgivable curse he knew. Instead he gritted his teeth and spoke, his cerulean eyes glittering with confined venom.

'I'd kill you...before you even got close enough to look at her.'

Matthew looked at him with mock regret, 'Sorry mate...bit late for that...she seems to want to get close quite a lot...and I'm not going to deprive her of that.'

James laughed sarcastically, 'and you think I'd just let her go off with you...you're a fucking idiot!'

'Come on now Potter...what's a little sharing between captains...you have her in the mornings, I have her at night.'

Forgetting all means of wizard fighting, James lunged at the Ravenclaw and slammed a hard punch into the side of his face. He grabbed him, throwing them both to the floor and punched him around the face a few more times. He didn't think; he just saw Matthew and Lily in his head, her beautiful smile and pretty laughter...and it being destroyed by Matthew's sick threats.

James felt himself being wrenched away from the boy under his fists, and he fought against them; needing to feel his hard punches against the sticky bloodied face that was Matthew Reede. It was just a red haze...a void of everything except retribution.

Someone slapped him hard across the face, and he grabbed them hard, throwing the opposing body to the cold, hard floor of the changing room.

'For fuck sake Prongs! What's wrong with you?'

The haze lifted quickly, his nickname somehow being the password to his normal self. James was latched onto Sirius, his hands gripping his clothes and pinning him to the ground. He let go quickly and sat back, surveying the room quickly. Peter and Remus were standing by the door and looking at him, a worried shock distorting their features. The Ravenclaw Quidditch team were either huddled by their severely injured captain, or looking at him with a new distasteful fear.

Sirius got up and straightened his clothes, watching his best friend in confusion.

The rest of the Marauders had been walking towards the Quidditch field, looking for their friend, when they heard shouts and cries of people. Finding James pounding the crap out of the boy, Sirius had tried to intervene - only ending up on his arse, nearly getting a punch from James himself.