Chapter 1

A/N: Hi guys!! Tysm for clicking on this book! I'm new here so I hope you enjoy it! NOTE: This story happens before the events of the OBX series (on Netflix) so I will not include any of the storylines of the series in this book. This is a story about the pogues and of course JJ and Y/N. Everyone is welcome for feedback so I know how I can make my book better and definitely tell me what you want to see in the future chapters!

y/n: your name

y/n/n: your nickname

y/e/c: your eye colour

y/h/c: your hair colour

John B was getting ready for a surf as the waves were big that morning. JJ had just woken up and slumped into the couch outside of the porch sitting next to me. Pope and Kiara were waxing their boards along with John B.

"You going surifin?" JJ turned his head looking at me.

"Might, still waking up" I said in my morning voice. 

"Well if you are I'm getting my board, want me to get yours?" he asked me getting a beer from the cooler.

JJ and I were the closest in the group. We understood each other. JJ, John B and I have been friends since the third grade and ever since then, we became inseparable. We met Pope a few years later and Kiara a couple of years later after Pope. JJ and I both have family issues. JJ lost his mother and ever since then, his dad has become an abusive father. Whereas for me I have no family other than my addict, abusive brother Jake. My parents died in a boating incident a couple of years back, leaving my brother as my parental guardian.

JJ and I would always talk to each other about it. We never really talked about it much in front of the other guys. 

"Really JJ? A beer now? In the morning" Kiara said rolling her eyes as she was taking off her clothes with her bikini underneath.

"Hey, gets me going," he said with a smirk.

"Jayj, I think I'm going to come surf," I told him standing up from the couch about to head inside to get changed.

"Alright cupcake" he winked at me.

JJ ALWAYS flirted with me. Well, I guess he flirted with everyone but we flirted differently. Of course, we did this as a joke and for fun but sometimes I had feelings for him. BUT we have a rule us pogues, "no pogue on pogue mackin". Though I never really was the one to follow rules.

When I got changed into my black bikini, JJ was standing outside with his shirt off ready to surf. He handed me my board and gave me a wink.

"Cute," he said with a great big smirk on his face. He was looking up and down at me. I rolled my eyes.

We all were ready to surf. John B took JJ's beer out of his hand and took a sip. 

"Better throw that in the bin JB, we don't need more shit ruining the earth," Kiara said sternly.

~

We got back from the surf and we all decided to go fishing. I grabbed a cooler with cans of beers and coke and hopped on the HMS Pogue. The others got on the boat and Pope and John B started fighting over who got to drive the boat.

"Rock, paper, scissors" Pope suggested.

"C'mon that's bullshit, we arent in 3rd grade anymore," John B said taking over the steering wheel.

"Hey JB, can we stop at mine cause I need to pick up some clothes," I asked, giving him puppy eyes.

"You can borrow mine," Kiara said knowing I don't want to go home and have to put up with Jake.