Chapter 1: A Fresh Start in Haddonfield

Start from the beginning

3 weeks later
2:55 PM 10th October 2018
Third P.O.V

After a while of living in sunny yet cloudy Haddonfield, Trinity had been living a normal life working at The Jazz Front---a local diner that was close to where she lived and close enough for her to drive to without wasting so much petrol. She had made one friend at the diner named Sandy Bushel, a bubbly 26 year old woman with medium blonde curly hair, slim body and she often chewed watermelon chewing gum. Although, she was popular with the men who come to the diner, Trinity took the cake with her formality that people often mistook her for the manager, when really, she was just another waitress at the diner. That's what got her more tips and earned her a little extra money on the side. While she was putting some dishes in the sink, Sandy walked over to her so she could put some dishes in the sink too.

"Hey Bobby, table 8 ordered the chicken parma with some curly fries and mashed 'taters on the side." she announced to the chef with her Southern accent. "Ya think you can get that done for me, darl'n?"

Trinity just shook her head with a small laugh. "The hell you laughin at, Trini gurl?" Sandy scoffed at Trinity with a little chuckle after. "You know by now Chef Bobby loves him some Cassandy lovin'!"

"Nah, it's just your bubbly demeanour that makes my day whenever I come into work, Sandy." Trinity replied with a smile. "After I take an order, I'll give it to ya, then it's break time for me, a'ight?"

"Mmkay, Miss Latina Brunetti!" the blonde joked and cackled like a witch.

Trinity shook her head again and made her way to table 6 where two middle-aged men where having a chat. One man had salt and pepper hair with a goatee and a bulky build while the other gentleman had dark gray hair followed by a massive beard and he had a fluffy build. "Afternoon, gents. What can I get for ya today?" she asked the two men.

"Howdy, miss! Me and my bud here would like some nice juicy steaks with wedges and sweet chilli sauce on the side." the bulky man replied to Trinity, making his order for him and the other gentleman. "Is there a chance we could get some beers too?"

"Of course, my good sirs!" she chuckled as she jotted down the order. "Ya'll don't need anything else?"

"No thank you, hun! Actually, we haven't seen ya around here before! We usually get Sandy." The fluffy gentleman mentioned. "What's yer name, ma'am?"

"Trinity Estrella, I just came down from Phoenix three weeks ago." Trinity introduced herself to the two men.

"Darlin' lemme ask ye something." the bulky man said to Trinity. "Have ya ever heard of a man named Michael Myers?"

"I've heard of the name but nothing more." She responded, being intrigued by the topic.

"Well, if you live around the area of Haddonfield, I'd suggest maybe moving to the city if you don't wanna get butchered by him." The salt and pepper haired man explained further. "When he was just six years old, that lil bunion bastard done cut up his older sibling! For 15 years, he lived within a Sanitarium, but he escaped and left a chain of murders within his wake. After that, it's like he vanished into thin air! No one's heard about him for years!"

"But he got caught, right?" Trinity questioned the man with a slight head tilt.

"Ayo, Trini! Time for your break!" Sandy called out to her and she bid the men farewell and speed walked over to Sandy. "I'll take care of those hillbillies over there. Before you go, they say anything to ya?"

"Yeah, they were talking about some guy named Michael Myers?" Trinity wondered and immediately was pulled into the back room by Sandy.

Before Sandy could chat further with Trinity, she had to make sure nobody saw them. "They told you about Michael?!" She whispered harshly to the half-Latina.