"Who's this kid?" A football player with spiky brown hair and piercing green eyes asks.

"Vincent's mate," the blonde cheerleader with impressive arms answers.

Another girl elbows her in the waste, and the cheerleader just shrugs, taking another bite of her half-finished pizza. "We're not exactly friends," I chime in, feeling uncomfortable by the way they referred me as a companion of his when we have no such relationship.

"We aren't?" My heart skips a beat at the sound. I've never heard the voice before, trust me if I had I would've never forgotten the sweet sound, but I know instantly that it's the boy from the bakery. His voice is low, and sort of gruff, but still resonates like the major key of a piano.

"Nope," I say softly, any previous confidence dissolving immediately.

He sits in the seat beside me, so close that his muscular thigh rubs against mine and my blood runs south. Kids at the table chuckle at my flustered expression, and my mind begins to calculate any possible escape route. I transfer my weight onto my feet, readying to stand and make flight, when Vince grabs onto the exposed skin on my arm, lighting the nerves on fire in an unexplainable bliss. I almost moan aloud.

He laughs, the sweetest sound my ears have ever heard. "You're not going anywhere," He says, almost seductively. "We need to get more acquainted, don't we? Especially if we're going to be working together."

"Well, your dad never called me, so I'm assuming we are not going to be working together."

"My father is pretty old-fashioned," Vince draws, smirking to his friends who laugh at the inside joke. "He wanted me to speak to you in person about your training. He wants you to come by after school today." His hand moves to my legs and he starts to rub his warm palm up and down my thigh. "I can drive you there."

"Thanks for the offer," I say, rising to my feet. "But I have to pick up my little sister after school lets out."

Vince takes hold of my arm, and with unbelievable ease, pulls me back down, as if my body showed no resistance whatsoever. The kids all smile as if the display is cute, and he wraps his thick arm around my tiny waist.

"So, your favorite color is red," He whispers in my ear. My face heats up, yet again, and I shoot a deadly look at Chase, who appears unfazed. "Just like the color of your cheeks when you get flustered. Except it's more like a crimson, very beautiful on you."

"What the hell are you doing?" I snap.

"Getting to know you better," He says simply. "Is there a problem with that?"

"Why did you get one of your goons to interview me instead of talking to me yourself?"

That angers Chase and he leans forward, growling low. Vince pulls me into his chest, nearly suffocating me, and lets out a growl of his own towards his friend. The girls at the table roll their eyes. "Oh, chill, boys." A brunette intervenes. "You are kind of like his goon, Chase."

"Am not!" The boy barks practically. "I'm his Gamma, and just because I have to watch over his mate doesn't mean I'm his bitch."

"You followed his boyfriend around all day, what does that make you?"

The two continue to bicker endlessly, while the others have their own conversations, suggesting this sort of behavior is normal. Vince rubs his face in the crook of my neck, sniffing at the skin. I cringe thinking about Chase referring to my 'stench'.

"So you're coming to the bakery today," Vince says, more of a statement than a question.

"I am?"