Chapter Twenty Eight

Start from the beginning

I had proven my skills on the track and shown that I could overcome any challenges that came my way. Crossing the finish line first was a testament to my determination and passion for racing.

It feels so good to race after so long.

As I approached the brother, confidently twirling the car keys around my index finger, I couldn't resist taunting him about his loss in the race and his failure to win me over.

"Aw, I feel sad for you. Not only did you lose the race, but you also lost this little thing," I smirked, my words dripping with sarcasm.

However, before I could revel in my victory, I felt someone's grip tighten around my waist from behind. Reacting instinctively, I swiftly elbowed the person, then turned and delivered a swift kick. It turned out to be one of the brother's lackeys, attempting to ambush me.

The brother, undeterred, attempted to punch me, but I evaded his attack by leaning back. In one fluid motion, I caught his fist in my hand and retaliated with a well-placed kick, effectively incapacitating him.

I should have known that he will play dirty.

As someone forcefully yanked off my wig, my blonde hair flowed freely, revealing my true appearance. The crowd around us gasped in surprise as they witnessed the transformation. There was no point in hiding it any longer.

With a calm demeanor, I removed my lip ring as well, fully embracing my authentic self. Harry and Kayden joined me, standing by my side after successfully fending off the others who had attempted to intervene. Their disguises remained intact, their true identities concealed.

The tattooed guy sneered, commenting on my new appearance. But I remained unfazed, a confident smirk playing on my lips.

"I'm glad you still don't know who I am," I retorted, folding my arms across my chest. "Once you find out, you'll beg for mercy. You have no idea what you're dealing with."

My words hung in the air, a warning to those who dared to challenge me. I stood tall, fully prepared to unleash the full force of my capabilities if necessary.

A frown creased his face as the lackey whispered something into his ear. It became evident that the lackey recognized me, but the tattooed guy remained oblivious to my identity. It was indeed a shame, for he had no idea who he was dealing with.

"Now that you know who I am," I interrupted the lackey, asserting myself, "I suggest you leave before you regret associating with me any further."

However, the tattooed guy's grin only grew wider, fueled by his delusion of using my name to his advantage. He proposed a plan to exploit my reputation, threatening to inform the media of my presence at an illegal racing track. "I don't think so. I should use The Skylar Scott to my advantage," he grins, "how about I tell media that you were here. In an illegal racing track."

"Try it," I sneered, my confidence radiating through my words. "Go ahead and attempt to expose the racing track. But be prepared for the consequences. Remember, I am The Skylar Scott, a force to be reckoned with. I fear nothing because no one is capable of bringing me down."

A victorious laugh escaped my lips as I watched his face pale, the realization of his futile efforts sinking in. I took a step closer, closing the distance between us, and leaned in, my voice dripping with dominance.

"What can a little thing like you possibly do?" I taunted, my eyes piercing into his. "I am beyond your reach, and your feeble attempts to use my name against me will only backfire. You underestimate me, and that will be your downfall."

"I guarantee you that if I ever come across any media associated with this race, your downfall will be inevitable, and your feeble gang will crumble alongside you," I chuckled darkly. With an air of confidence, I added, "Now, I suggest you make yourself scarce."