Chapter Twenty Eight

Straight roads are for fast cars,
turns are for fast drivers.

"If you want it this way, baby girl, it's on," the tattooed guy smirked, his confidence unwavering, before he walked away

"If you want it this way, baby girl, it's on," the tattooed guy smirked, his confidence unwavering, before he walked away. Ignoring his arrogant demeanor, I focused on the task at hand. Getting into the car, I carefully inspected its features, aware that it was different from the cars I was accustomed to. Once I familiarized myself with every detail, I drove toward the starting line, adrenaline coursing through my veins.

As I reached the start line, a sleek Ferrari pulled up beside me, catching my attention. The sight of the formidable competition only fueled my determination. It was clear that this race was going to be intense and thrilling.

With a firm grip on the steering wheel, I disregarded the presence of the tattooed guy next to me and focused solely on the race ahead. As the sister stood in front of us, holding a white cloth high in the air, my eyes narrowed in concentration. I pressed down on the accelerator and brake simultaneously, a technique I had mastered over time.

My mind was resolute, even if I were to lose the race today, he would never truly be able to claim victory over me. He didn't know who I was, and that fact gave me a sense of satisfaction. However, I had no intention of letting him win easily. I was determined to give it my all and prove my skills on the track.

I can do this!

As the white cloth dropped, signaling the start of the race, I unleashed the full power of my car, zooming past the sister who had initiated the race. The odometer climbed rapidly as I maintained my focus on the road ahead and the Ferrari beside me. I was well aware of the risks of allowing the Ferrari to come too close, as there was a chance of encountering dirty tactics from my opponent. Therefore, my strategy was to maintain distance and prevent any potential interference.

However, at a strategic moment, I decided to change tactics. I approached the Ferrari, giving my opponent a false sense of opportunity to overtake me. But just as he closed in, I swiftly pressed the accelerator and maneuvered my car to position myself directly in front of him. This forced him to hit the brakes, creating a gap between us. With a smirk of satisfaction, I continued to press the accelerator, swiftly pulling away from him and increasing the distance between us.

It was a move that showcased my strategic thinking and control over the race. I was determined to stay ahead and show my adversary that I was not to be underestimated.

As the race approached its final lap, I noticed the Ferrari closing in on me from behind. My determination grew stronger, and I was adamant about keeping him in my rearview mirror. With the finish line in sight, I focused on maintaining my lead and pushing my car to its limits.

I glanced back one last time to check the Ferrari's position, a grin forming on my face. I had no intention of letting him pass me. With a surge of adrenaline, I crossed the finish line, victorious. The thrill of the win coursed through my veins, filling me with a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction.