Chapter 2: Re-introduction

*Ring*
*Ring*
*Rin-

"(Y/N)?" I hear the tired voice of my brother. I hear his voice and it almost brings me to tears. I stay silent with my hand over my mouth.

"Hello?..." Rings in my ears again.

"J-John?" I say wanting to make sure that it's him.

"Yeah! Yes! Oh my god! it's me how is the little one? How are you? How is Raph?" You can hear the worry and excitement in his voice.

"You talked to him today you should know..." I say with an awkward chuckle.

"No need to be like that now, I'm so glad you called me though, I have been worried you know..." I purse my lips together and look down and close my eyes.

"I....I know I'm sorry..." I say and take a deep breath.

"It's ok I plan to see my niece here soon, I have so many things for her!" He squeals a bit making me laugh. Still the same old John.

"I'm sure she will be glad, although she already has a mountainous pile of toys." I giggle a bit. John replies with a "I bet" and then I hear a crash on the other side of the phone.

"What was that? Are you ok?" Say with a bit of concern.

"Damn it! Really man?!" I then hear laughing. He must have a friend over.

"Here, I'll clean it up hold my phone." I hear rustling and popping and cracking and then a voice different from my brothers emerged.

"Ooo! is this your girlfriend John?" The male voice that I know all to well speaks clearly into the phone.

"Hellllllloooooo" he says in a song- songy voice. I put the phone on the counter and I begin to shake. You can hear obvious yelling on the other end. Then Raph comes in as I sink down the counter to the floor. He sees me and runs over and picks up my phone. He sees the caller ID and looks confused.

"Y/N, hey what happened? It's your brother." Raph says gathering me up.

"M-Mae..." I stutter out. He knows and leaves the room only to return with my baby girl. I immediately clutch her and pull her to my chest. I bring my knees up closer to me so she is in between my legs and my chest.

"Mommy loves you so much Mae Rose." I says as I repeatedly kiss her head. Brushing her short H/C locks away from her face. Raph looks down and keeps an eye on me with my baby. Then puts the phone up to his ear leaving the room.

Raph's POV

What the actual hell man? What has gotten her so caught up? She is never this emotional, she sells drugs for Christ sake. Whatever John said it really fucked with her. I look down not being able to see her face, but confusion is written all of the small baby girl in her arms. I put the phone up to my ear after giving a glance to them on the ground and then I head to the other room.

"Hello?" I say and I am greeted with a panicked voice back.

"Hello!? Raph!?! Is Y/N ok?!" I hear Johns voice sound back. I look back into the room and see my little buddy pick up her moms face and hold her cheeks with her small hands and talking as seriously as a 1 1/2 year old can. This makes Y/N give her a ready smile and I can hear a faint.

"It's ok Mae, Mommy is fine." With as small sniffling giggle. I look at the scene with a pitiful expression.

"I think she will be ok, but what the fuck did you say to her?" I say and he begins to explain.

"Um, Mae's dad is here Raph." John says with slight hesitation. Raph's eyes go wide.

"And you let them talk?!" He says with a worried but furious tone.

"No! Not at all! He spilled something and when I told him to hold my phone; He started to tease me asking if I was on the phone with my girlfriend and he spoke into the phone. I tried to stop him but it had already happened before I could get the phone from him. I know how sensitive Y/N is to him. Just tell me is she gonna be ok? Like mentally?" He says with worry laced into his vocals.

"She's ok for now... I think."