4

Sleepover

Glimmer slammed Adora's door open, upset to find her curled up in a blanket with a giant jug of ice cream in front of her.

Obviously Glimmer knew that Adora had been feeling down the past few days due to her fight with Catra, which ironically began as a fake one until it developed into a real one. But Glimmer wouldn't just stand by and watch her friend lose herself over one fight, and that's when she decided to take matters into her own hands – despite it being a more violent approach to the matter.

"No more of this, Adora. So what if Catra ended up being a bitch? Are you seriously going to let that ruin your life?!"

Adora sunk her head inside of her 'blanket-burrito' and gave her a small nod.

Glimmer groaned, "No! My job as your best friend of 15 years is to get you back into high spirits, which is why I've decided to throw us a sleepover!"

"A sleepover?!" Catra (who was a few dorm rooms over) complained to her friend Scorpia.

Although she was the polar opposite of her, Scorpia was one of Catra's closest friends, and being the social butterfly that she was she had invited a few of her other friends to sleepover at her dorm, one of those including Catra.

Melog nuzzled the side of Catra's leg, his gesture encouraging Catra to go and spend time with her friends.

"I'll go if I can bring Melog." Catra said, Melog hissing at her in return.

"Aww, how could I say no to that cute little face?" Scorpia gushed over the kitten (whether she was referring to Catra or Melog remained a mystery), "I'll see you at 10!"

Adora sighed as Glimmer left her room, knowing that nothing she could possibly say would be able to convince her out of the sleepover – Glimmer always had a flair for parties.

Plans for the two sleepovers were set into motion. Along with Adora, Glimmer would be inviting her volleyball teammates Perfuma and Mermista. On the flipside, Scorpia was also inviting her friends Entrapta and Double-Trouble. Glimmer tidied up her dorm room while Scorpia stocked up her pantry with a multitude of snacks for her friends to share.

Glimmer's guests arrived at her dorm in the matching set of pink and white striped pajamas that she had given them to wear earlier that day. Scorpia's guests all wore the same variation of a black hoodie over their different pajamas, Catra's being a matching blue and grey sports bra and bike shorts set. Melog trailed behind her as she reluctantly stepped through the doorway, greeted by one of Scorpia's big bear hugs.

Glimmer and her friends instantly began to gossip about, Adora however had not been in the mood to participate. She isolated herself in the corner of the room, resting her head on the palm of her hand and stared out of the window, gazing at the night sky.

Glimmer frowned when she had caught her friend not enjoying herself, "Come on Adora, you can't be sad forever!"

Adora nodded, shaking the feeling off. She would allow herself to have a good time that night, and then she could continue sulking for the rest of the week, a proposition that Glimmer eagerly agreed too.

Catra, who shared Adora's resentments, also kept her distance from her friends. She huddled herself with her cat and a bag of chips outside of the circle that they were all talking in. She just hoped that they would get tired soon, and that the whole night would be over.

D.T yawned, "I'm in need of a pickup. Do you have any Rosé darling?" They asked Scorpia.

"Yeah, there should be something in the mini-fridge, don't give any to Catra though. She's still 19."