Chapter 13: Flirt

Start from the beginning

One glass or two won't hurt. When he started typing his reply, Charles was calling him. "Yes, Charles?"

"Seb, where you at?!"

As it was very noisy, Seb guessed that Charles had been at the bar. "I'm in my room."

"Oh, come on! Let's celebrate our podiums here. Let's have some fun!"

"Does Mattia know?" Seb asked, but then he cursed himself as the question sounded stupid.

"What?! Sorry I can't hear you."

"Oh no, nothing. I'll be there soon."

"Good! We will wait you here."

Seb hung up the phone and quickly changed his clothes. With a black tee, a leather jacket, and a pair of jeans, it was more than enough for him. He sprayed some of his perfume and then put his phone in the pocket before he left.

A few minutes later, Seb entered the bar. He looked around to find some of team members. He saw that Charles had been on the dance floor with his girlfriend, Charlotte. He indeed celebrated his victory in the best way possible.

Seb suddenly smiled miserably. Thinking about himself, he was older than Charles, he hadn't had someone whom he could call as girlfriend, and the future of his racing career was uncertain. It was very contradictory to what his teammate was currently experiencing.

Then, he finally found some mechanics who were having conversation with some drinks on their table. He decided to join them.

"Welcome, Seb!" Luca, one of the team mechanics greeted their driver.

"Hey, guys! May I join here?"

"Of course! What do you want to drink?" the other mechanic, Marco asked while Seb was having his seat.

"I don't want to get drunk here," Seb chuckled at the thought of him being tipsy. "A non-alcoholic cocktail is fine for me."

"Sure. Let me bring some for you," Marco replied before he stood up from his place.

"Thanks."

While waiting for Marco to bring a glass of cocktail for him, Seb talked to Luca and other member who worked as the pit crew of their team.

"Seb, I rarely get a chance to talk to you. But while you are here, I wanna say that how sad we are that you are leaving the team," Alessandro, the pit crew, spoke.

Seb laughed a little. "I can't be there forever, Ale. My time in this team is over. But I'm still very grateful for the opportunity they have given me."

"If you won the title this year, it would be the biggest mistake they have made to replace you."

"Please don't say that. After all, Carlos is a great guy, great driver. I've known him since he was in Red Bull junior program. It would be a nice thing for you all to work with him."

"Yeah, we will see. By the way, are the talks between you and Racing Point true?"

He smiled. "Time will tell. But I don't deny that I sometimes talk to Otmar when we meet in the paddock. Nothing else can be said at the moment."

Marco was back with bringing a glass of cocktail for Seb. "Roy Rogers. Charles has known that you are here and he paid it for you."

Seb received the glass that was handed to him. "Thanks. I should thank him later."

"Yeah, but he's dancing with Charlotte. No one can disturb him at the moment," Marco replied, which made the others laugh.

But it didn't take too long until their laugh faded away as they saw some females who were entering the bar. They looked very familiar from a far. It turned out that they were their colleagues, and one of them was Erika.