129 - Mick Schumacher

Requested by drugo_babe

Taglist
Naylay34 DevilOfNyx Jhawker123

129: "We may not be married yet, but we're still family."

It may have been Thursday, media day for the Dutch Grand Prix, but the drivers having a lot of interviews didn't mean that you had time to just relax, you being your boyfriend, Mick's engineer. You were having a difficult time on the pit wall, trying to gather some useful information for the weekend since there hadn't been a Dutch Grand Prix since 1985. You were running your fingers through your hair whilst lightly sucking on the bottom of your pen as you were trying to concentrate. However, since you had an earphone in one of your ears, listening to Mick's interviews on your phone as you worked, his most recent interview was exactly what you needed to listen to for your spirits to be massively lifted.

"With your cousin, David competing in F3 and your uncle Ralf being there to support him, do you feel as though you have enough family support here for yourself?" Will Buxton asked Mick with slight sympathy, it being Mick's answer which got your attention and caused you to smile from ear to ear.

"I always have the full support of all of my family members who are able to be here and watch me race," Mick replied brightly as a slight blush crept onto his cheeks. "It helps that I've got a family member who is not only in the team, but also in my ear the entire time whilst I'm in the car, my amazing partner, Y/N."

Your cheeks quickly began to ache from smiling too much, you being completely distracted from your work as you entered a daydream about Mick, you dreamily resting your chin in your hand as you leant onto your elbow. Since you weren't managing to get much done anyway, you felt no guilt in staying as you were for a little while longer, you eventually being torn out of your trance by a pare of arms which wrapped lightly around your middle form behind.

"I missed you, so I thought I'd come and see you whilst I've got a bit of a break from doing interviews," said Mick affectionately, making you jump at first, but you not caring about this once you instantly realised who he was.

"I missed you too, especially after listening to your last interview," you replied lovingly, taking your earphone out of your ear, before you rested your hands on top of Mick's. "You've never said anything like that to me before. You've never called me family."

Since the rest of the pit wall was empty as everyone else was in the garage, Mick sat on the stool beside you, sitting on the side of it to face you, before he took your hand which was closest to him in his.

"We may not be married yet, but we're still family," said Mick warmly, causing your smile to somehow broaden even more as you turned on your stool to face him, taking his free hand in yours. "I'm sorry if that was too forward of me. I know we've never spoken about marriage before, but I'd love for you to be Mrs. Schumacher someday."

You rapidly began to blink as you felt joyful tears welling up in your eyes, you being unable to believe that Mick had just said something to you which you had secretly been wanting to hear for so long now.

"I don't think it was too forward at all. That was the most amazing thing anyone has ever said to me," you replied in amazement as you leant over and pressed a very quick and gentle peck to Mick's lips, being fully aware that you were in your working environment and couldn't be seen to be unprofessional.

For the rest of the weekend, all of the team noticed that yourself and Mick were so much more gleeful than normal, your happiness being infectious and spreading around everyone, the entire team loving you both being together, rather than saying you were a distraction to each other because the atmosphere was so much more cheerful, allowing people to have some optimism despite being the worst team on the grid.