31

-Ashton-

"You'll be there tonight, right?"

I scoffed. "Michael, I'm always on time for your parties."

He crossed his arms and gave me a look. "Ashton, you've been late to every party I've had this year." He looked at his phone then sighed. "Whatever. Be there, okay?"

I nodded. "I'll be there."

He turned on his heel and without saying goodbye and left. I stared at my bedroom door for a moment, offended. He had been acting irregular for weeks and I still haven't figured out why.

I shook it off and texted Luke, wanting to hang out. He said he was with Valentyne and that he couldn't. I debated texting Calum, not knowing if he was at work or not. After a few minutes of debating, my thumbs flew over the keypad and I waited for his answer. As soon as the small 'no' appeared on the screen, I frowned.

I stayed in bed for the rest of the day, reading bad tweets and playing air drums against my sheets. By the time I had to go to Michael's party, I was bored out of my mind. Forgetting his earlier rudeness, I was jubilant getting ready for his party. I planned on getting very drunk tonight, something that I did at every one of his parties. That's one of the reasons I was glad my mum didn't do my laundry. The overwhelming stench of alcohol would definitely get me grounded for life.

I arrived at Michael's house in record time, the tires of my truck squealing as I parked next to the curb. I could already hear the music on my walk to the porch and I smiled at the girl who fell on me when I got there. The small black-haired girl smiled back at me and planted a wet kiss on my cheek.

"How are you, sweetheart?" I asked her, my hand meeting her waist.

She was drunk as she slurred, "better now that I'm with you," and giggled.

I pressed closer so she could hear me. "Where are your friends?" I looked around the crowded yard but couldn't see anyone looking for her.

She almost fell when she turned around and pointed to a small group of girls. "They're over there, but I doubt they miss me much." She pouted and I laugh a little at how cute this girl is. Her hair was as dark as the night sky and her bangs fell messily across her forehead. Freckles splattered across her face and when she smiled, her top teeth overlapped. I stared at her for a moment, transfixed on her.

"What?" She laughed. The strap of her camisole had fallen and I pushed it back up.

"You're very beautiful."

She hid her face in her hands. "Oh, stop it."

I smiled. "No, I'm serious."

She looked up at me and held her hand out. "I'm Olivia."

I shook her hand with a toothy grin. "I'm Ashton." Before she could take her hand away, I bring it to my lips and press a kiss to her exquisite warm skin.

There was a flush to her cheeks. "Ashton, I'm going to give you my number and God willing I remember this in the morning so you can take me out for coffee." She took my phone out of my hand and typed in a number, handing it back a moment later.

"Do you want me to take you over to your friends, Olivia?"

She poked my cheek and leaned her head so it was on my chest. "That's nice of you, but I suppose I can manage."

"You can't even stand straight," I pointed out.

"I can stand fine, thank you very much."

I raised my brow and let go of her, resulting in her almost landing on her ass on the porch. I grabbed her arms and she wrapped them around my waist. "I'll take you over there." She didn't argue as I looped my arm through hers and pushed her towards the group of girls giggling at us.