Part 6

Kota

12345678910111213141516171819100 this is not good this is not good THIS IS NOT GOOD!!!!! No amount of counting will ever get me to calm down. It is never good when a doctor starts off with ‘I have some bad news’ EVER. Before Dr. Roberts can continue North stands up, grabs him by his white coat and shoves him against the wall.

“WHAT DO YOU FUCKING MEAN YOU HAVE SOME FUCKING BAD NEWS!!!!” North yells at him. Dr. Roberts is surprisingly calm as he looks at North. Security starts to come forward but he holds up a hand.

“If you will put me down I will tell everyone what has happened to your bird.” Dr. Roberts says in a calm voice. North sets him on his feet and backs up, crossing his arms across his chest as he goes. “Ms. Sorenson has received some major injuries including both her legs broken in several places and a her spinal cord has been severed paralyzing her from the waist down. She crashed while we were tending to her but we were able to bring her back. She has also had sever cranial damage and swelling in the brain. She is stable right now but I am sorry to say she is in a coma and it’s hard to say when she will wake up or if she will at all.” He tells us in a sad voice. Everyone is in shock and my vision is blurring from unshed tears.

“C-can….we see her?” I manage to choke out.

“Of course if you would follow me please.” He says and we all rise as he is turning away. He leads us down many hallways until we finally reach a darker hallway and brought in to a separate room where there are only a couple of doors. We go down the hallway and stop at the last door on the left. He opens it and lets us pass in front of him. I enter first and what I see saddens me even more. Sang, my 10, is in a hospital bed with both legs in casts and a bunch of tubes and wires all around her. I go sit at her side and take her hand. Finally letting the tears fall.