"You look strange.." he said fidgeting with his fingers.

And you look strange too for me.

I wanted to say that. But nah, I know I'm the strange one here.

"Is that good or bad?" I asked chuckling.

"Good! You look beautiful! And I like your laugh! It's cute!" He cheerfully said being truthful.

I paused and blushed at the compliment.

"Why are you red? Are you sick?" His cheerful self turn into worried one. Then he placed his small hand on my cheek. "You're not sick.." he said and took his hand away.

I smiled and pinched his cheek. So cute! "What's your name?" I just asked him. I remember V said that I can't pronounce his name because I'm human, maybe I can't pronounce this kid's name as well but I'll try. It wouldn't hurt if I try, would it?

"I'm hskshakah.." he said. And then I was right! I can't understand this boy's name.

I awkwardly smiled trying to hide the fact that I didn't understand what he said. I was about to say something when a pair of shoes stopped beside me. I sensed the boy stiffened from his spot so I looked up.

It was V and he's looking intently at the poor little boy. I just rolled my eyes at him and turn to the boy I was talking with.

"My name is Jeongguk. Nice meeting you.." I said and stood up.

V turn around to walk again and I was about to follow when the kid pulled the hem of my shirt. I turn to him and raised my brows, asking why.

"Here. Can you have this please? It's because you are pretty like this.." the adorable little boy said and I can't help but to pinched his soft cheeks and giggle on them. He sure felt pain so I stopped and accepted his flower.

"Thank you.." I said before running to cope up with V. "Why are you walking so fast?" I whined but he didn't respond so I rolled my eyes. Rude!

We reached the big wooden double doors and it quickly opened. Inside, there's a big hall with a huge chandelier hanging on the middle of the high ceiling. In the middle of the hall there's a grand staircase painted in black and the carpet is red.

"Woah.." I gasped. "Is this a ballroom?" I asked but again, V didn't respond. I just sighed. Is something wrong? Something I did? Is he sulking? Was it because I'm heavy? And why is he not answering my thoughts? He said he can hear it.

We just walked and walked at the endless hallway. Some other devils greeted us and I'm starting to wonder if V has some position here in the palace. He looked respected by many.

So because I want to know, I poked his back. "Hey.." he didn't budge so I tried again. "Hey!" I got nothing. I had enough of him ignoring me so I pestered him. I kept on poking his back until..

He turn to me, grabbed my hand, pulled me close to him. "What!?" He growled at me with his eyebrows intersecting.

"What is wrong with you? Why ignoring me?" I asked as well.

He just squeeze his eyes shut and let me go. I thought he'll answer me but he just turn away again and walk away. I sighed. I don't really get it. I was about to walk when someone, again, stopped me.

This time it's not a kid but a tall muscular man with one single horn on his forehead because the other seems cut. He stopped in front of me with another shorter devil following him from behind.

I gulped when he looked at me and his eyes seemed to be piercing my soul. He shares this intimidating aura that V has, only that V is more well scary.

"Who are you?" He asked in his deep voice and my body shivered.

"I-I-I uh.." I can't form a fucking word!

I looked at V who is just walking and it looks like he didn't notice that I'm not walking with him anymore or he just ignored me and left me again. That kinda hurt.

I sighed and look down.

For a moment I forgot that someone is in front of me and glaring daggers at my soul. And I just remembered him when he spoke.

"Leave us.." He said to the devil behind him I guess?

"B-B-But Your Highness, the queen is expecting you immediately.." said the short devil a little shaking.

"I'll go there on my own, Hslsga. Now leave us.."

My eyebrows raised in confusion about the name he mentioned because I didn't really understand.

The devil sighed and bowed to this man. "Yes, Your Highness.." then he left.

And after that devil is nowhere in sight, 'His Highness' yanked me from my arm and pulled me to the stone chair and sat me down together with him.

The oh-so-intimidating aura of him had vanished into thin air and was replaced by this soft and caring devil. He held both of my hands and made me face him.

"You look sad. Are you okay?" He asked with the softest voice.

I bitterly smiled. I'm still nervous about him though. How can I be sure that he is not going to hurt me when he eyed me like he's about to kill me earlier. Does he have two personalities inside that muscular body of his?

"I-I am.." I stuttered while he chuckled at me.

"No need to be nervous. I'm pretty harmless, I swear." He smiled at me. And I could say that he is really telling the truth. "So? Are you really okay?" 

So I loosen up myself and tried to be comfortable with him beside me. "No actually.." I admitted it and sighed deeply.

"Tell me. I'm good at keeping secrets, you can trust me.." he vigorously nodded his head to convince me. And I must say, he is pretty attractive.

"It's just that—wait! Aren't you weirded about me? Like why am I strange looking? And don't have any horns? You seem pretty kind to me like what if I'm an enemy?"

He laughed at my outburst and I just look at him with my weirded look.

"No, I'm not weirded about you. You are a human right? We have another human here too and he is serving as my brother's butler.."

"Butler?"

"Yes. He's been here ever since he was just 7 years old. He was saved by my brother and he is paying it by serving my brother until he dies.."

"Your Brother told him to do that?"

"No! No! You got the wrong idea. The human himself volunteered. He also said he has nowhere to go, that's why.."

"Ahh.." I nodded in understanding.

So I'm not the first to be here. "What's your name?"

"I'm Jeon Jeongguk."

"I'm Hekshehwk. I know you can't understand or pronounce that so I made another name you can call me. The other human call me by this name too! I'm Mark.."

"Finally! I can Finally call somebody in here by his name!"

I a little bit over reacted because I found myself hugging Mark a little tight. I quickly let go and apologize, he's not bothered about it though.

"So why are you following my Brother?" He just asked.

"Oh it's because he's the one who dragged me here and he said I should follow him and he also said that—wait! Come again with your last word?" I must've heard that wrong.

"Uhmm brother? He's my Brother.."

That's when my jaw literally dropped.

<3