CHAPTER 6

I WAS sitting in class next to Scott when Stiles ran in.

"Dude, I just talked to my dad, who just talked to Jackson, and I've got really terrible, horrible, very, very bad news," Stiles said quickly while sitting down at the desk behind Scott.

"I think we already know," Scott told Stiles as he pointed towards Isaac, who was sitting in front of me.

The boys just sat there staring at Isaac until class started.

~

Scott, Stiles, and I were walking out of class.

"All right, I only found one thing online called the kanima. It's a werejaguar from south America that goes after murderers," Stiles informed us.

"That thing was not a jaguar," Scott told him.

"Yeah, and we're not exactly murderers," Stiles replied to Scott while pointing between me and him.

"Yeah, but you did see it kill somebody, which is probably why it tried to kill you guys. And it's still trying to kill you, and it probably won't stop until you guys are dead," Scott responded quickly.

"You know, sometimes I really begin to question this "friendship"," I said to Scott as Stiles and I followed after him.

~

Stiles, Scott, and I were sitting in class flipping through our textbooks when Jackson walked in.

"Hey, testicle left and right," Jackson called to the boys from beside me.

Stiles and Scott both looked up from their books, and I knew that they were rolling their eyes at the nickname.

"What the hell is a kanima?" Jackson asked them.

The three of us quickly turned to look at Jackson in shock.

"All right, listen up," Coach told the class as he dropped a book on his desk, "A quick warning before we begin our review. Some of you, like McCall, might want to start your own study groups because tomorrow's midterm is so profoundly difficult...I'm not even too sure I could pass it."

Scott had a worried look on his face.

"Don't worry Scott, I'll help you study. I have an A+ in this class," I told him.

He sent me a grateful smile before looking forward again.

"Okay, I need a volunteer at the board to answer the first question. Who's got it, huh?" The class raised their hands, "Come on, let's go, buddy." Coach said.

"Paralyzed from the neck down. Do you have an idea what that feels like?" Jackson asked.

"I'm familiar with the sensation," Stiles replied while nodding his head.

"Wait...Why would Derek test you? Why would he think that it's you?" Scott questioned Jackson.

"How should I know?" Jackson responded.

I quickly realized something, "Wait, do they think it's Lydia?" I asked.

"I don't know, all I heard was her name and something about chemistry," He answered me.

"Jackson!" Coach yelled, "Do you have something you want to share with the rest of the class?"

"Um...just an undying admiration for my--my coach," Jackson replied.

Coach smiled, "That's really kind of you."

Jackson smiled back at him.

"Now shut up! Shut it!" Coach yelled, "Anybody else?"