"Shit!" I stood up in a second "Get the fuck out of here! Now!" I pointed my rifle at Tomas that rose to his feet with his hands in the air.

"Calm down, chica." He said.

"Get out! Get out!" I yelled and he obeyed leaving me alone.

I left some minutes after him, trying to keep a low profile and maybe spot the one that maybe saw me. I checked around to see everyone doing their jobs.

"Are you OK?" Hershel touched my arm and I jumped in surprise.

"Me? Yes. I'm ok." I said, a little confused.

"Are you sure? You look like you just saw a ghost."

"I guess is the smell of the burning bodies. It's making me sick." I lied "Do you mind taking my place for a while?"

"Of course not." I handed him over my riffle.

Hershel left and I kept on searching someone with a judging look, but instead I spotted something way more frightening: Alana and Daryl.
Not that it would be a problem if it was anyone else, but I was pretty sure Alana strongly disliked Daryl.
I tried to shake the thought she was handing me over to him, but before I could do it Daryl's eyes met mine. His gaze wasn't nothing like the ones I was used to, it was a feral, hurt and dangerous look. He was angry.
He marched to the prison insides, living Alana with a triumphal look on her face.
I followed him, despite what was recommended when Daryl Dixon was angry.

"Hey." I gently said.

"Ain't your boyfriend looking for ya?" He looked at me as if he could kill me with only those blue eyes.

"What boyfriend?"

"That fucking asshole you're kissing at the tower." He looked down and I wanted to hug him.

"Daryl, look at me." I took a step closer.

"No."

"Please, look at me." I waited until he finally looked back at me "I'd never, I'd never do this. Isn't it clear what I feel for you? Didn't I tell you enough?" He shrugged and I lost it "Shit, Daryl! Can't you just be normal for once?"

His face turned red "You want normal?" He came closer to me and held my hand, strongly squeezing my fingers "Holding hands, is it normal enough?" Then he held me in his arms, compressing my body in a way I couldn't set myself free from that death hug "Cuddling! You want that too, right?"

"Stop this nonsense!" I shouted, but he didn't stop.

Then he held me by my shoulder, leaned in and leaned his lips against mine. Suddenly his face felt less tense, his hands slid from my shoulder to my waist and he pressed his body against mine. Suddenly all the rage washed away, I didn't fight. I didn't fight because I didn't want to, because finally the man that I loved liked me back. We stayed that way for some seconds, and then he came back to his senses and pulled me away briskly.
I stared at him as he stared at me trying to look angry again. I put my hand in my mouth and took a step back.

"I'm sorry." He said in a much lower volume than before "Did I hurt you?"

"No." I shook my head.

He stormed out for the outside and I stayed in, still trying to figure out what had happened. I heard his loud motorcycle start and then I heard it until it was so far away I couldn't anymore.

****

I could already predict nothing was going to be said about that kiss, but I still needed to talk to Alana. I waited until it was her turn to be alone guarding the prison so we could talk without interventions.
She was wrapped around some blankets, sitting on the floor when I creeped in.

"Why did you do that?" I said and she was obviously caught in surprise.

"Fuck!" She exclaimed "I could have shoot you!" She put her riffle down "What are you taking about?"

"I'm talking about Daryl. Why did you try to turn him against me?"

"I just told him what I saw."  She put her riffle on her lap, ready to use it if she needed.

"Put the riffle down." I laid my knife and my handgun on the floor in front of me "I'd never hurt you. I just want answers, I just want to know why do you carry all that hatred towards me."

"Are you that dumb, Eve?"

"If it's about Jake, I'm sorry but he had to go. You know what he tried to do to me. He could have done it to one of the other girls. He could have hurt someone like he did to Angela."

"We don't know if the thing with Angela was real!" Her voice was louder "We don't know!"

"Alana, leave denial island for a moment and think with me! He didn't succeed, but he tried to do it again. I loved him just as much as you did, but I couldn't risk anyone's safety." I kneeled by her side "Honey, I loved him as much as I've loved my own brothers. But as much as I love him, I love this group too. They gave us shelter and food and they care for us, I couldn't risk their lives."

"That's not fair! He's out there alone!" Alana had lost it, she lost her pose and started crying.

"Cry it out." I hugged her "Just let it all out, you have the right to."

She kept crying until it became a series of long sniffs and eventually stopped, then she looked at me and murmured "I'm sorry." I knew now we could go back to being friends and sisters who protect one another.
I went back to my cell to have a much lighter sleep, knowing now there would be no more backstabbing.

"Where were you?" Daryl's voice in the echoed in the dark.

"I was clearing things up with Alana." I whispered.

I heard him sigh and I tried peering down at him, but it was too damn dark for me to see a thing.

"Do you want to talk about that kiss?" I asked.

"No." He said.

"Do you want to come up?"

I gave him some space in my bed and he lied down with his back facing me. The warmth of his body felt so nice against mine in that cold night I fell asleep almost instantly hearing him breath steadily.

Hello, my dear readers! This chapter is not already edited, but I'll do it soon, I just felt like I haven't updated in a while and wanted to do it.
Hope you enjoy the first action between Eve and Daryl.
Send me some feedback!
Xo