chapter eighteen

'hey princess,' rosa greeted her youngest child, who was crawling towards her, as she walked into the apartment. 'did you have a good day today?' she picked the girl up

the baby just made a few sounds and smiled, which resulted in dribble running down her chin

'where's mommy and iggy? should we go have a look in the kitchen?' the sergeant asked whilst making her way thru the apartment and into the kitchen.

'momma!' iggy gasped as she ran up to her mom and hugged her legs so the cop was now barely able to move.

'ugh i'm so glad you're back,' gina leaned up and kissed her girlfriend's lips, 'today was a nightmare.'

'what happened?' she asked as she looked down at iggy who was giggling

'we went shopping, iggy kept crying because she wanted to wear a wedding dress, isla kept crying because of her teeth, then iggy didn't like any of the dresses she chose out herself because there wasn't enough glitter.'

'you coulda just stopped at 'we went shopping'.' rosa grinned, 'it's always a nightmare.'

'shut up,' gina stopped herself from smiling before turning back to the food that was in a pan behind her

'did you find a dress with enough glitter ig?'

'no.' the three year old told her

'did your teeth stop hurting baby?' she faced the girl in her arms who'd been playing with rosa's raven curls the whole time.

'i hope they did because she's gonna be tired tonight if they didn't. she hasn't slept all day because she was crying.' gina told her before there was a knock at the door

'iggy open it!' the girl ran to the front door with her mom and sister right behind her. rosa picked the girl up and let her pull the handle down before putting her down. that was how they usually opened the door, since the girl couldn't read the handle herself but always wanted to open the door.

'delivery for rosa diaz,' the man handed over a box

'thanks,' the latina took it out of his hands and nodded

'have a good day!' he said as he walked to the next apartment, but rosa was too interested in the box to even think about saying anything back.

she closed the door and made her way back to the kitchen, with iggy following behind her, and sat isla in her high chair before sitting down herself.

'you know what it is?' the sergeant asked her girlfriend

'maybe... open it.' she beamed

rosa opened the box and smiled, 'cute.' she picked out the snow globe filled with glitter instead of 'snow' and shook it about.

'it's for your desk at work,' gina smiled.

'thank you babe,' she looked at the picture in the middle of the dome. it was rosa's favourite one of the four of them; all of them were in the couple's bed, iggy was laughing at her sister who had just sneezed, and rosa and gina were facing each other, rosa also laughing. gina didn't mean to take the picture, she was gonna delete it but rosa told her not to. it was also the latina's home screen on her phone because she loved it so much.

'i love it so much,' she smiled

'i'm glad you do, it's just so you don't miss us too much.'

'i'm gonna miss you anyway babe.'

—————

'what's with the body bag that's hung up?' rosa asked as she took her place next to gina on the couch