42

It's been forty two days since I've last spoken to her.

How I've resisted the urge to drive over to her house, to put it simply I didn't. Some days I'd park and sit there, debating whether I should knock once or thrice, ring the door bell or text her to let her know I was here and waiting.

And I felt creepy, I did trust me. This wasn't like me but I knew why, I had long figured out that Mei made me do things I wouldn't usually do. She didn't force me, no. Not verbally at least but whenever she'd look at me, It was like I was being blessed by an angel.

An angel I'd go to hell for.

Maybe she'd look at me in disappointment but I wanted her to see me, for her to look at me.

Again

And again.

And again.

Look at me Mei

"Corpse?"

I'm sorry

"Corpse!" A shrill voice ringing in his ears. His vision focused, sighing at the new problem at hand. His ex had shown up to his house, but to his disappointment It wasn't Mei.

"When are you going to leave?" he asked, rising up off the sofa. The image of Mei laying there still fresh in his mind.

Sage hummed before her lips turned upwards. "Whenever we get back together." she shrugged nonchalantly as if what she had said was easy.

"Sage, you said you wanted to talk..." he started, making sure there was distance between them. He knew how Sage was and he didn't want her to try anything. "But obviously that was a lie." He spoke as Sage stood up. Taking a step forward towards him. Corpse took a sharp step back, showing discomfort.

Sage paused at that as her lips parted in realization.

"Corpse-" she spoke but knocking began at the door. An opportunity to escape, he rushed towards the door to get away from Sage. He swung open the door as his eyes widened at the sight.

"Corpse."

"Mei?"

Mei knocked on the door, a total of three times. The first knock made her heart hammer against her chest, the second made her skin crawl and the third made her hold her breath.

The door swung open and standing there right in front of her was her boyfriend- someone.

"Corpse" she breathed out with wide eyes. As if she wasn't expecting him.

"Mei?" he spoke, Mei shuddered at the sound of her name on his tongue.

"Can we talk?" she asked, Corpse looked away before glancing over his shoulder. Mei followed his eyes and caught a glimpse of a figure sitting on the sofa. He stepped out closing the door behind them before she could see their face.

"Is someone over?" she asked quietly, knowing the answer.

He didn't respond.