41

"Are you being serious right now?" asked Mei after Corpse had muttered cruel words beneath his breath.

"Am I being serious?" He repeated with a scoff. "What about you, Mei? You're upset over nothing!" Corpse yelled. Crimson trailing up his neck leaking faintly to his face.

"You're the one who's throwing a tamper tantrum, you're fucking twenty four!" responded Mei, tears staining her cheeks even though she was angry.

It wasn't something Mei could control. Every time someone would raise their voice at her the water works would go off almost automatically.

It was safe to say she disliked being yelled at.

"You're upset over something so small." replied Corpse, turning away from her.

"Something small? Corpse- You promised me that you'd be with me yesterday." choked out Mei "I even- I even got ready and I made-." stammered Mei but was soon cut off by a voice that used to give her butterflies.

"We're together now aren't we?" He spoke in a sharp tone. And it almost cut.

"Corpse. It's not the same, It was our one year anniversary. I had so many things planned and I" spoke Mei, stopping herself to breathe.

"Why does It matter that much? It's only-" started Corpse

"Right." sighed Mei, silencing him. Corpse's expression softened as her voice quieted down. He stood by the counter, silent.

Awaiting her next move.

"Let's stop, Corpse." mumbled Mei as she looked down onto the cold floor.

"What?" spoke Corpse. Her eyes glanced up at him.
Their eyes locking for a split second.

Dark watery eyes on dark dazed ones.

This is going to hurt.

"Let's stop." Mei repeated as she averted her gaze to the side.

The demeaning silence eating at them, begging to be broken, to be set free. And once Mei saw that he had no intention of apologizing, she sucked in a cry hammering at the door to be unleashed.

Oh, it's going to hurt so fucking bad.

"Let's break up." spoke Mei in a single breath, breaking the uncomfortable silence and making the air tense. Her skin crawled. Hurt flashed across Corpse's face after she muttered those terrifying words. But she stood up straight without cowering away, she had to face her fears.

She knew this day would come eventually but she just didn't expect it to be so soon and certainly not for it to be initiated by Mei, herself.

She had always told him if they ever did part, he'd be the one to do it. He denied it of course and maybe he was right...

Tell me your sorry.

Or not.

Say something.

Please.