74 - THE BREWING STORM

Începe de la început

"Please surrender! We won't harm you!"

To the south of the Eastern Continent was the 61st human country, a small country named Arruine. In a nearby wasteland, Isaac's clan was locked in combat with a group of beastman resistance fighters.

As a player who had had contact with Shedy, the Demon Lord Whitehare, Isaac believed that the demihumans' efforts to liberate their enslaved comrades was a praiseworthy endeavor. But he could not stand by if the same demihumans were trying to destroy the Saplings.

Arruine's knight squadron had been planning to raid one of the resistance's bases. Isaac had heard the rumors at the adventurer's guild, and he had been skeptical of the anonymous quest for investigation that the guild had issued. To prevent the destruction of the Sapling, he had rallied his clan and arrived at his current location.

The party had focused on speed and combat power. There was Isaac, the warrior; Weed, the scout; Sandria, the magician; Guy, the tank; and Mia, the healer. There were only five of them, but the party was as powerful as dozens of knights.

Everyone were at Rank 5 with their combat power close to 1500. Isaac had broken the limits and reached Rank 6, and his total combat power was nearing 2300.

The base they'd discovered had housed nearly forty demihumans. Isaac had given his call to surrender, but the resistance team leader, a feline beastwoman, had declined. They began to chip at each other in small skirmishes. Isaac's party only had five members, yet they were putting up more than a good fight against forty resistance fighters.

Player characters weren't affected by fatigue and were well-balanced in their status. Isaac had given his call to surrender once more with that fact in mind, and the beautiful feline beastwoman that was their leader silently walked up to Isaac. She wielded two swords, both curved like the katana.

"My name is Selille. What is yours, warrior?"

"I'm Isaac. Why are you trying to destroy the Saplings? Did Shedy... did the Dark Lady ordered it?"

Isaac's party had once traveled with Shedy and talked with her. They could no longer see the NPCs as simple AIs. They moved, they acted just like real people. Isaac's party was hesitant to simply rely on force just because it was a quest.

"We indeed revere her. But we do not do so because she is a Dark Lady."

"Then why...?"

"...because our Lady is the only one doing the right thing to fix what had been our ancestors' naiveté," Selille scowled, her reply bitter.

"...naiveté? And what do you mean by 'right'...?"

"I shan't talk any further. It would be an insult to our forefathers. This is not something that concerns you, human. If you wish to stop us, then show me your strength."

"...everyone, don't interfere."

Isaac helplessly readied his sword.

[Selille] [Race: Beastman (Feline)] [Swordswoman][Magic Points (MP): 150/150] [Hit Points (HP): 250/250][Total Combat Power: 960]