T W E N T Y E I G H T

◇─◇──◇─────◇──◇─◇

◇─◇──◇─────◇──◇─◇

"Why the bloody hell did you leave without a word?"

Charlie was fuming. He was pacing back and forth in the drawing room, eyes never leaving Adelaide as they narrowed in on her.

She was standing in the doorway, arms crossed over her chest. It was the morning after her return from Romania and she had woken up early to make tea. Her hair was down in loose curls framing her face and she was wearing a pair of red and gold stripped pajama pants, which had belonged to Sirius as a boy. A thin cream, knit sweater hung snug around her torso. She had one more day off from work and was choosing to be lazy around the house. Her appearance made that statement perfectly clear.

"You were busy with Aoife. Hugo was passed out and Harley was off doing Godric knows what! Why would I subject myself to sit there and wait for you to be ready?" Adelaide raised a brow, watching Charlie stop pacing for a moment as she spoke.

"You sound jealous." Charlie laughed.

Rolling her eyes, Adelaide turned to walk out and head to the kitchen. Charlie followed, hot on her heels.

"You've officially lost your mind, Weasley." Adelaide muttered, already moving to make some tea for herself and Sirius. She had planned on grabbing some little treats for breakfast so that they could share everything and lay in bed for the day. She wanted one more normal day with him. She wasn't sure when the next would be.

"I missed Sirius. I just wanted to go home." she told him flatly, narrowing her eyes at him before she flicked her wand. She could not help but giggle as he ducked out of the way of two freshly baked pastries (thanks to his Mum, no doubt) that flew from the table to the plate Adelaide was preparing on the counter.

"Can't we all just get along?" Adelaide spoke up again, his fingernails tapping relentlessly along the countertop as she stared down at the plate. She was trying to think of what else to say. She hated the tension. It was becoming quite childish and with war on the horizon, she did not have time for it.

"I want nothing more than to have my best friend back. But you need to respect my relationship. Respect Sirius. He's allowing you to live here, in his home, and you have been nothing but blatantly disrespectful to him."

Charlie stood frozen, his eyes wide as he watched Adelaide ramble off, spitting her words angrily at him without even bother to look at him. "You could atleast look at me when you speak to me." he told her with a sigh.

Looking up at him, Adelaide began chewing on her bottom lip. "I'm looking." she stated sarcastically, leaning against the counter now as she watched him.

"Alright. I'll be civil. I'm sorry." Charlie sighed, rubbing at his face with one hand while the other propped himself up against the counter beside her. "I love you, Addy. You're my best friend. I don't want to lose you again... I've been a git. I know that I have."