Tremaine nodded. "A'ight. I'll see you around, then."

Just as quickly as he had appeared, Tremaine vanished into the crowd. Tamia sighed and walked away from the table. She maneuvered through the sea of people around her and went into the empty house. She sat down on the couch, resting her head in her hands.

For about ten minutes, she sat in silence, and then December entered the house.

"Aye, you alright, pretty girl?" he asked, sitting down beside her and kissing her on the cheek. "I was looking for you. You usually like watching the fireworks and shit with Tania. Why are you in the house? Did your headache come back?"

Tamia shook her head. "I'm okay, December. I just don't want to be around a lot of people right now."

"You were fine a few minutes ago. All of a sudden, you're all depressed and shit. You're not pregnant, are you?"

Tamia chuckled. "We already decided that Tania was our first and last. I don't plan on changing that."

December laid down on the couch and rested his head on Tamia's lap. "Tell me what's up with you, Mia. I know you better than you know you. Something's on your mind. Talk to me so I can help."

Tamia looked down at him and smiled. He was in a good mood, and she didn't want to be responsible for ruining that, especially since she knew that she'd have to suffer the consequences once everyone else left.

"I'm fine, baby. I promise."

"You're lying, Tamia. And now I know that you're hiding something from me. You think I'm gonna put my hands on you if you tell me? I haven't hit you in forever. You can talk to me."

"December, seriously. It's nothing."

December took a deep breath as his hands curled into fists. He sat up and grabbed Tamia's shirt, pulling her in his direction. In order to avoid releasing his anger with his hands, he pressed his lips against hers.

Tamia returned the kiss for a few seconds before pushing him off of her. With the conversation she'd just had with Tremaine fresh on her mind, she couldn't help but feel wrong while kissing him. She stood up and started walking away.

No longer able to contain his frustration, December rose from the couch and pushed Tamia into the nearest wall. He wrapped his hand around her neck and lifted her off of the floor. "Is he here?"

"Who?" Tamia asked, struggling to breathe as she spoke.

"Don't fuck with me, Tamia. The nigga that's making you forget whose bitch you are. Is he here?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

December released her, and then knocked her to the floor with a backhanded slap. "For the last time, is he here?"

Tamia fought to hold back the tears that were forming in her eyes as she stared up at him. "I don't know what you're talking about," she repeated.

"You just don't learn, do you?" December pulled her up and brought her body close to his. "Tamia, I swear I'll kill you. I'm not crazy, so stop acting like I'm saying some out the way shit."

"You are, December. I'm not seeing anyone else. You're the only..." Tamia's voice trailed off when she saw the doorknob twist slowly. The front door cracked open, permitting her to see Tremaine's face. He motioned for her to keep talking. "You're the only person I'm interested in."

Noticing Tamia's distractedness, December turned around, only to be met by Tremaine's fist as it connected with his jaw.

Tremaine took his key out of his pocket and tossed it to Tamia. "Don't draw attention to yourself. Get Heaven and Tania and go to my house. I'll be there soon."