Ella’s POV

I knew William spoke sense about everything but when you’ve lost some of the good things in life then it’s harder to get up from it. I was reeling after I broke up with Micky, well he broke up with me but I was still hurt and after the past then I’m doubtful there is anything out there that’s going to make me happy so I’ve decided my fate. I just want to be gone. I know people will be hurting but I just need to go. Micky will get over it and move on, Lottie will be happy plus Maria and Rachel will get a new roommate in to pay for the house. I’m certainly not needed. Who would need me? I’m nothing but a failure.

“Ella, if you’re thinking of reasons as to why you ain’t needed, don’t. You are beautiful and you are needed here. I know you don’t get on with your family other than your brother but they will miss you. If you’re still so close to Micky’s family think about them, they’ll miss you like crazy. Listen, I don’t know you but I will be there every step of the way, helping you. Come back for the second chemotherapy rounds and try to see a brighter side of getting better. Look I know it sounds crazy after I know you’ve decided your fate but give it a try, please?” William begged. I didn’t have a clue as to what to do. I knew I wanted to be gone from this horror filled world as there’s no reason to live anymore but no one knows what the future holds. No one knows what’s around the corner.

“If I promise to come back for the second round will you promise to be there, every step of the way? Will you help me through the times where I just want to die and be gone? William, I’m asking for help here because I’m freaking scared. I want to die but I want to stay to know what the future holds but I’m scared”

“I, William Morgan will promise to be there every step of the way, helping your through the bad times and through the times where you just want to die because I want you to live through this. I also promise to be your friend forevermore and beyond. Ella, you deserve the best of everything and you will need to tell your friends and family too. I’m not pushing you but I will be there when you tell them”

“Thank you. Honestly just thanks for everything, for helping me, for talking to me tonight and for listening to my rants. Now I would ask for your number but since my best friend Lottie has my phone in her handbag, I’m stuck. However I do remember my own off the top of my head so if you have your phone please may I enter my own phone number?” William reluctantly handed over his own iPhone; it looked amazing compared to my simple blackberry. I shouldn’t be complaining since it actually worked for once but it was simple as anything. I quickly typed in my own name and number and passed it back to him. Making new friends was simple.

“Now would Miss Ella liked be accompanied back to her own house?” William asked in a pleasant manner.

“That would be lovely Mr Morgan” I said in an almost posh voice. It felt good to be able to have a laugh with someone. It also felt nice to think about something other than Micky for a change. William just burst out laughing at my voice.

“You know you’d make a lovely actress as you have the ability to change your voice into anything”

“Why thank you kind sir” I said in a mock Scottish voice. I’ve no idea why I’m doing different kind of voices but I’m just happy for a change. It’s weird how a person’s presence can have such an effect on you. Maybe it’s good to move on and be alive. However, I’m still so scared to tell people. I’m scared because once I tell that secret, everyone will treat me different. Everyone will smother me in fake self-pity, they’ll show fake emotion towards me, some might be real but others will be fake. I’ll end up being the statue in the middle of everything. I just hope it’ll get better.

Micky’s POV

I was walking Dan, Greg and Lottie home. All three were pie eyed and stoating aboot the place. I would’ve found it hilariously funny but I just wasn’t in the mood. I was seriously confused but I know I needed to move on but how could I? She was everywhere I went. Sounds crazy yes but I loved this girl and now we were just to forget about each other, impossible.

I got Lottie to Ella’s house first but she wasn’t in. Ella was nowhere to be seen. Maybe it’s best that we avoid each other now. As we got a drunken Lottie back home and into bed, a phone began ringing to state that there was a text. I knew that ringtone, it was Ella’s.

+447522532542

Just checking you gave me the right number and I promise I will be there when you tell everyone. I know you’re with me right now but it’s better. William :’)

Who the hell is William? And what the hell does she need to tell everyone? That is confusing but she’s not my girlfriend or my friend anymore so I need to let things go. I need to let her live her life. I slipped out of the living room after placing Ella’s phone back in Lottie’s bag. Yep, you guessed it, curiosity killed the cat and that cat was me, yet again.

I walked out the door with Dan and Greg, who I might add were still stoating aboot the place. Literally they couldn’t walk in a straight line, if either of them fell. I sure as hell wasn’t going to get them up myself. They would go and get drunk together. Idiots. As I was walking home I noticed Ella laughing and giggling with a guy, I presume he’s William. He looks much better than I’ll ever be. He looks as if he’ll be able to support her much more than I could.

“Hey Micky, there’s that girl you shagged” Dan guffawed. Oh great, not only am I getting embarrassed, Ella’s getting it too. I just rolled my eyes and pulled a very drunk Dan and Greg with me. Bloody idiots, the pair of them.

“For the last fricking time Dan, Ella and I are no longer together and the last we had sex was a year and a half ago. When was the last time you got laid Dan? Ten Year ago?” I was beyond pissed at Dan’s remark. He knew Ella and I weren’t together but yet he still had to go shout that. Damn boy, you’d think I was the oldest but nope, that’s Dan.

I got Greg and Dan in the flat without anymore hitches but I wasn’t staying here tonight, they needed to figure out last night on their own accord. They needed to realise their own mistakes. I was done with this. The only downside of Greg and Dan’s flat is the fact that it was so close to Ella’s house, that always annoyed me but I had to just ignore it.

“I’m scared to tell everyone. I mean what person wants to know that I’m dying. What person wants to know that in 6 months or less, I’ll be gone? I know I’m going back for more treatment but what if it doesn’t work? I’m scared William” Ella’s voice rung out. What the hell? She’s dying and she never told me. I get that I’m not her boyfriend anymore but what the hell…

“Ella, I get that but you need to tell them. I’m not pushing you but it’s better if people know. I know they may smother you in pity and try and do everything for you but you are your own person, you can determine how things go down and don’t think like that. Be optimistic and show cancer that it can’t take your life. Cancer is heredity in my family so it’s passed down through my genes but I’m fighting it and so should you. Don’t let it and everything else get you down, go about, be happy and show the world that you don’t give a crap what cancer’s doing to you and get your treatment. I’ll be there helping you, encouraging you on” I’m guessing William replied. But Ella has cancer, oh my days. I know prying’s wrong but I just can’t move because then they’ll know I heard the whole thing. Oh gosh, I’m dead. How am I meant to keep this secret to myself? Ugh, I’m a blabbermouth, I’m never going to be able to keep this a secret. I mentally sighed to myself and walked on. Maybe they’ll not realise that I was hiding there. Maybe…

Ella’s POV

Talking to William on my doorstep about my cancer and things is a tad risky. I know that because Greg and Dan just stay up the road from me and they could just walk out at any time and hear my secret. But just as I thought things were clear a hooded figure walks out the entrance to Greg and Dan’s flat. Please don’t let it be Micky, please don’t let it be him, it can be anyone else but him and his other 2 friends. I certainly didn’t need their sympathy right now. I didn’t need anyone’s sympathy but being this ill and rundown, I couldn’t give a crap anymore. I was just gone. Gone from the world.