It's just a Nightmare

Jamie:

Elie and I have separate bedrooms, but Elie almost never sleeps in her room. I made her a bed in my room out of blankets and pillows, I even found some LED lights to string around her bed to give her more light. Elie's room is closer to our parents room, so we stay in my room.

I have this, reoccurring nightmare... I'm in my room alone at night, and I hear Elie's scream. In my dream, I was always too late. I reach the room Elie is supposed to be in, and I see our parents standing above her...
I was always too late, because when I finally reached her, she would already be gone. Because of this nightmare I kept having, I decided to move Elie into my room, now our room.

Sometimes when we go to sleep, if I wake up first, I scare myself into thinking Elie had died in her sleep. It happens all too often, but then she gets up tiredly and limps over to me.
"Morning already?" She said softly. She fell asleep in her clothes again, I am a terrible brother, I should have given her pajamas.
"I'm sorry you had to sleep in your clothes, lets go downstairs and you can help me make us breakfast." I said softly trying to be as quiet as I could to not wake our parents.

Elie is alive. . .

It's just a nightmare. . .