True Style

Social services were called and things went as planned, Molly moved into Adam's home but nothing was done about her parents. Since being gay is not something society accepts yet she has to live off Adam's parents until she is old enough to get a job and her parents get away scot-free.

Molly changed over the next few months, some of it Alice believes is just her true style coming out instead of being suppressed by her parents, but her acting up in school is a state of rebellion.

Her once light brown hair is dyed a darker brown with strips of black in it, her once natural make-up is now dark, it's like she's becoming everything that her parents hate.

"Why are you being like this?" Alice sighs as Molly comes out of the headteacher's office at the end of the day, the third time this week, "I get that you're exploring your new style but acting up in school isn't you."

"And how would you know?" Molly snaps, she needs support from her girlfriend, not another telling off, "I don't even know what my true style is because it has been forbidden all my life. Maybe you should loosen up a bit and find your true style."

The yelling escalates as they leave the school, their friends only following behind no clue what to do, "This is me, this is my style," Alice is lying a little there, she really doesn't know her true style yet.

She keeps her head down so she doesn't get into trouble or cause problems for her parents, that is the true her but the light prissy princess clothing isn't, she prefers the darker rock look.

"Really? A good girl school swat, come on, your the daughter of a rockstar, your cooler than this." Molly words hurt Alice's feelings, "When you feel like finding the true you come and find me." Molly storms off in the direction of the tube and Alice just stands there.

Adam give her an apologetic look and goes after Molly while the others stay with Alice, "You alright?" Rami worries, they all know the two love each other Molly's just going through a lot.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm heading to garden lodge so I'll see you at school on Monday," She walks away from them, tears slipping down her face.

Roger is at a band meeting at Freddie's so he told her to meet him there and he'd give her a lift home.

By the time she gets to the Lodge, she's cried out all her tears and her tear-stained cheeks are dry. She types in the gates code and walks up the path to the door, she walks into the house and Phoebe waves upon seeing her and points her in the direction of the meeting.

She stops outside a set of double doors and eavesdrops on the meeting but she wished she hadn't. Freddie's voice is serious, "MTV banned our video, the youth of America. We helped give birth to MTV."

Brian shrugs, "It's America. They're Puritans in public, perverts in private."

"I'm the one being blamed for it, not Roger who's idea it was or Deaky who wrote the bloody thing. No, crazy cross-dressing Freddie," Freddie sighs before continuing, "I'm tired of touring aren't you. Album, tour, album, tour. I want to do something different."

"We're a band, Freddie, that's what bands do."

"Well, I need a break." Alice heart sinks, she can't imagine a world without Queen in it.

John spoke up but he already suspects the answer, "What are you saying, Freddie?"

There is silence throughout the room waiting for his answer, "I've signed a deal with CBS records."

Roger sat forward in his chair, "You've done what?"

"What kind of a deal?" John asks further.

"Queen will go on but I need to do something different. I need to grow, spread my wings and fly away."