☾ 33: Flower ☾

Start from the beginning

"That reminds me... back to our earlier conversation."

I didn't need to look at her to picture the smirk on her face.

"Was that your way of saying you're head over heels for me?" She continued teasingly.

"Shut up," I said as I playfully shoved her.

My face was probably brighter than the flower in my hands. We laughed for a bit and before I knew it I was staring deep into her eyes.

"I..." I wanted to tell her I liked her but the nervousness I felt was preventing me. I guess I'm not as brave as I thought.

"You?..." She asked smiling.

I'm pretty sure she's aware of what I'm trying to say.

"Um... I..."

God, why can't I just say it?! I took a deep breath and shut my eyes which made it a bit easier.

"I... really like... you," I said refusing to open my eyes.

"Took you long enough."

I opened my eyes just quick enough to see her pin me down onto the soft grass.

"I like you too." She whispered in my ear which made my skin tingle in response.

Katherine then kissed me, beginning to make her way down my neck.

"I need to go." She whispered against my skin.

She stood up quickly after speaking and held her hand out to me.

What a tease.

"What do you mean? Why?" I questioned.

"Well, vampires aren't welcome here but don't worry I'll be looking after you from a distance. You obviously need me around." She smirked. "Just don't tell anyone I'm here."

I frowned. "What if someone catches you?" I don't like the idea of her being alone in a world full of werewolves.

"They won't. Trust me." She smiled and then leaned in close.

I thought she was going to kiss me but I was wrong.

Instead, she laughed. "You're so cute."

"And you're a tease," I muttered.

She smiled again and kissed my cheek. In a blink of an eye, she was gone. Sure it wasn't the last time I'd see her but still I was upset that all she gave me was a kiss on the cheek. The image of her smile in my head made up for it though, she was adorable.

When I got back home Laine wasn't in my room. I'm sure Mason ended up taking her somewhere. I placed the flower in a small vase with water by the window and crawled back into bed allowing myself to peacefully sleep for the rest of the night.

I ended up waking up to the sound of someone yelling at me.

"Where is she?!" I opened my eyes to see Mason staring at me in wide-eyed panic.

"Who?" I said tiredly as I sat up slowly.

"Laine!" He yelled. "Please tell me you didn't-."

"Oh, calm down!" I interrupted. "I didn't touch her! I figured she was with you! Now quit yelling at me I just woke up!" I yelled back.

"If she's not here then where?-" Mason started but was quickly interrupted.

"Can you two please shut up!"

We both turned and saw a girl around our age who stood by the door annoyed.

"Um, who are you?" I asked.

"My name's Scarlett. Nice to finally meet you, by the way, you're quite the talk of the town. If it's Laine you two are talking about she's fine. She's in my room."

Oh... Wait her room? She lives here? What have I missed?

"You live here?" I asked confused.

"Yeah. Your mom was a friend of my mom, who ended up passing away. Your mom was kind enough to allow me to stay with her." she replied.

"Oh... I'm sorry to hear that."

"Don't be." She smiled softly.

"So then Laine's fine?" Mason asked.

I didn't even realize he was still here.

"Yeah! I bumped into her last night and we talked for a bit, then she told me she felt awkward sleeping in Cassy's room so I let her sleep in mine."

"Oh, okay," Mason said.

"Well, it was nice meeting you two, but it's early and I'm still tired."

"You too." Mason and I replied as she walked away.

"A hundred dollars says they are totally going to end up getting together," I said to Mason.

"What? You're on! I don't see that happening at all."

How could he not? She preferred sleeping with a stranger over someone she knows. Even though yes it would've been awkward for her to be in my room after previous events. Also what kind of person allows a stranger to sleep in their room with them?