Eros followed her closely, enough to hear the shock-filled gasp escaping her and her instinctive backward step in times of wariness. He acted upon instinct. Using his right arm and that side of his body, he safely spun her around to secure her in the confines of his tall standings. Her hands pulled at his cardigan; she was trying to compose herself. He couldn't look down on her for that reaction. The woman before them wasn't stable mentally. Eros admonished himself. Amara wasn't used to this. Her mother's present image was considered normal to him. This is the result of hearing torturous killings, white walls, and living at a habitual place. The difference in each scenario can mess with one's psyche. The lines of reality and delusions will be blurred. 

Leya raised her head; no longer was she groomed neatly. The expensive hairdo was no more; her unkempt hair was now tangled, her face withdrawn - showing signs of insomnia, her eyes were wild, not focusing on anything, then there were her agitated movements. 

Holding onto Amara, he took a step forth, which gained Leya's attention. Fear coated her features as she looked upon the cold mask that was Eros's face. For the past year, she caught glimpses of this man before and after the horrific screams. He was also the person who brought her to this hell. During her confinements on her scheduled walks, she was unlucky to witness two new prisoners enter the cell block, one mention of this man's name, and the two men went crazy. They called him Reaper, one of the twin curses. She never knew of such men in this world she wanted to thrive in. The one time she had with Roy since their imprisonment, he told her everything there was to know about the sons of Raizon Delacourde, especially the one they were about to cross. Although that was her last time seeing her husband, she heard his dying screams a month later. What she feared was the day her turn to die without her knowledge, but as she looked at the imposing figure of the man before her, she knew today was her day. 

"You still have some sanity left. Use it wisely," he said in a monotone voice. She couldn't help but readily answer him with a desperate nod of her head. Eros didn't move for a full five seconds, and he was silently analyzing the woman and the room's atmosphere. Finally, satisfied with the shifting of moods between the woman before him and the one behind him, he tugged at Amara's cardigan, pulling her to stand beside him.

"Amara!"

Hearing Leya's optimistic greeting was obvious to both of them. She thinks her daughter was there to save her.

"Hello, Leya." Amara was entirely formal with her mother; the posture as she took a seat on the other end of the table was stiff, entirely different from their breakfast outing.

"What took you so long? It's been a year since they had me locked up. Do you know the horrors I went through? How can you be so inconsiderate? You were playing princess in the fucking castle while I suffer. How could you?" Each question she spat at Amara was filled with disgust, selfishness, conceit, and anger. There was nothing that resembles a mother wanting to know her child or some sort of revelation. 

"I'm no longer with Lucifer. Therefore, I have no say in matters of the family," was Amara's reply.

"They call you young, miss. Don't you fucking lie to me. You actually succeed in doing something good in your life. Get me out of here," Leya retorted, getting agitated.

"Get you out? You're imprisoned for human trafficking, kidnapping, extortion, and falsifying documents. Don't you think you should be punished for doing such things?"

"How should I know the jobs I was doing to have a better life illegal? It's all Roy's doing," the woman said.

"Are you really pinning your deeds on a dead man? How pathetic. Here I am, thinking some sort of resolution may happen between us, but I was wrong. Curse my heart for wanting more than I can receive."