"All my studies didn't prepare me for Lucifer Renith Delacourde. Your brother created chaos in my mind and social life. That one moment at the bus stop created rivals and social ostracization. The school's heartthrob gave me that textbook romantic scenario and not them. But, that didn't stop me from enjoying high school. I simply accepted the flow of things."

"The flow of things?" he repeated, trying to understand her view.

"I didn't force myself to have the textbook high school experience. Instead, I accepted the effects of Lucifer's presence and went with the flow. I allowed myself to let emotions and feelings rule my steps and not logical explanations nor theories. You have been doing the latter, huh?" Amara explained.

"Yes. Each person who approached me, I evaluated them and came to a conclusion of their motive towards me."

The two held each other's stare, communicating silently as they alone can be understood thanks to their similar personalities. 

"Tch." Amara won the silent debate. Clicking his teeth, he turned his head to the view looking over the pool, sulking in his own way. "This chaos Lucifer brought with him, do you regret it?" he asked.

"No." No hesitation, no wavering of her voice, eyes bright with love, she gave him her answer. "Beautiful chaos, I call it. The romance, the family, the experiences both happy and sad, I have no regrets."

"Beautiful chaos, huh?" Eros muttered to himself. 

Eyeing him under a hooded gaze, Amara saw the little nod of determination he gave before returning to his work. 

So adorable.

"I will like to see her today," she voiced at the end of their breakfast.

"State prison or execution?" he answered right away.

"State prison."

"Tch, fine." It's been a while since he did some 'work,' and he needed a stress reliever. 

Poor thing.

**********

The walk to the guardhouse was quiet for the two. Eros knew his sister needed this walk to get her emotions in check. She was dressed similar to him, with faded jeans, a comfortable t-shirt, and a bright oversized cardigan; the difference was the crocs on his feet and her slip-on sneakers. Such a laidback manner of visiting a prisoner who has probably lost her mind by now. The welcoming stay was now suffocating her.
Too much of a good thing can hurt you.

Entering the house, they were met with Jhoel, the captain of the Paris sector; he was chatting with a new soldier who was being trained by all four Delacourde men for something Raizon had yet to tell them all about. 
"Oh, hey, boss. E45 is in the interrogation room. Do you want an extra guard?" Jhoel asked, getting his phone out.

"No need."

Jhoel shrugged and waved them forward. Amara kept silent as they made their way through the security protocols and finally the interrogation room. Eros took a step before her and held her hand that was on the doorknob. Then, leaning against the wall with the door, he tugged at her hand to gain her attention.
"If she touches you, I won't hesitate to kill her."

"Orders from Miss Ari?" she quipped with a shaky laugh.

"No. My job."

The deadly look in his eyes shook Amara; she knew he would carry out his duties as a brother unless swayed by someone close. "A simple warning will suffice," she countered. No response was given; he opened the door and allowed her to step in.