4. A Fighter at Heart

"Riley." Digger tried to get Riley's attention after the plane crashed. He was fumbling with his seat belt when he heard her let out a load groan. He quickly got his seat belt undone and moved out of his seat to face his best friend.

"I'm okay, I'm okay." She grumbled, rubbing her eyes before pushing herself up. The blood rushed to her head all too fast and she fell straight into Digger.

"Ya sure 'bout that, love?" He slid his arm around her waist to support her as they stepped off the plane together.

"What a ride!" Harley exclaimed as she stepped off the plane, earning an eye roll from an exhausted Riley.

Riley looked around at all of the soldiers and criminals surrounding her. The soldiers were leading the way, guns up and ready for action. Deadshot was locked and loaded as well. Harley was swinging her bat around, presumably ready to take someone's head off. Killer Croc looked mighty hungry. Even Boomer was sharpening his boomerangs as they walked ahead.

"Digger." Riley whispered, catching the tall Aussies attention. They slowed down to the back of the group, enough that nobody could hear their conversation.

"What's wrong?" He asked, glancing up at her while still messing with his weapons.

"I don't know if I can do this." Digger caught the fear in her words and put his boomerangs up, focusing on his best friend.

"What do ya mean?" He asked, furrowing his brows at her statement.

"You know as well as I do, I don't exactly know how to fight, Digger." She fumbled with her hands, embarrassed by her sudden fear. Even through the embarrassment, it was always easy for her to come to Digger with anything.

He snickered slightly, thinking back to all the times the two of them had been in danger. It was always him and his boomerangs protecting both of them. Digger always took the beatings, and Riley always cleaned up his wounds afterwards. As his eyes met Riley's, he dropped his smile fast when he saw the frown on her face.

"Fighting's easy peasy. When the times right, it'll come to ya." Digger tried to lighten the situation, but Riley stayed silent, unsure of his answer.

"Just stay with me, okay? You'll be fine. It'll be just like old times." He tried to reassure her. He frowned even harder when he noticed she was no longer paying attention to their conversation, but the situation up ahead.

"The hell are they?" Riley heard Deadshot asking Flag as they all stared at something. When Riley and Digger approached the rest of the group, they shared a look of concern at the creatures ahead.

Digger quickly grabbed her wrist and pulled her back away from them. The walked a few feet back and stood behind another car. Riley kept her eyes glued to the odd looking 'people' up ahead.

"Digger why did you..."

'Click'

"Digger, really?!?" Riley yelled, watching Digger chug down a beer in the middle of a shit storm. And of course Riley's sudden outburst caught the attention of the creatures.

"Ah, shit." She spoke, wide eyed as the creatures all began running towards them.

Gun fire rang through the air as Captain Boomerang found his spot next to his side kick. With the sudden urge not to die, Riley held up her fists, glowing purple with electricity.

"Light 'em up, sweetness." Digger encouragered her as the creatures started running towards them.

The pair both began to attack the creatures. Diggers boomerangs were smashing through the creatures heads easily. He turned his attention over to Riley to make sure she was doing okay in the fight. His eyes widened at the sight before him. Riley was simply punching creature after creature in the face. The power and electricity coursing through her veins caused each creature she punched to go flying across the road, their heads easily exploding in the process.

Fighting had suddenly come so easily to Riley. She had punched the first monster on instinct and felt her confidence rise dramatically as she saw how powerful she really was.

Riley was so caught up in the fight that she had moved forward to where Deadshot was shooting the creatures. She moved to stand in front of the car he was standing on. He took to the right, shooting every monster running in that direction. Riley took to the left, punching and destroying anything in her way.

By this point, all of the soldiers had stood down. Even Flag and the other criminals just watched on as Deadshot and Short Fuse miraculously took out the creatures. It took no time at all before all of the creatures were dead.

"Nice fighting there, Short Fuse." Deadshot turned to compliment Riley, holding his hand out for her to shake.

She gladly took it and returned a smile back to him. "They definitely call you Deadshot for a reason."

"Wow, that's a dynamic duo right there!" Harley cheered on the two.

Digger frowned at Harleys words. He and Riley were supposed to be the dynamic duo. Not Riley and Deadshot. He couldn't help but feel the pang of jealousy rising in his chest.

"How'd I do?" Riley beamed as she walked up to Boomerang.

"Good." He nodded his head, while his eyes were anywhere but meeting hers.

"Digger. What is it?" She frowned, her tone losing all of its enthusiasm.

"Nothing. Ya did great." He sent a forced smile her way.

Riley sighed, letting her eyes wander off from her moody best friend. She noticed something pink in the alleyway. Without saying a word, she walked over and found Pinky. She smiled as she picked up the unicorn that brought herself and Boomer so much comfort. She turned around to see Digger standing right behind her.

"Didn't realize I dropped her." Digger mumbled.

"You still have her. After all of this, you still kept up with her." Riley smiled up at Digger, a look in her eyes that he had seen quite a few times.

"I was glad to see it when I was let out of prison. Only thing I thought I had left of ya." Digger admitted, sparing a flew glances at the girl standing in front of him.

"You know I'll always be with you, Dig. Can't get rid of me even if you tried. Just like this whole situation. We'll always find our way back to each other." Riley spoke softly, moving her hand up to his cheek, forcing him to look at her.

In that moment, Digger felt like he could've gotten lost in Riley's eyes. That is until he caught her eyes flicking down to his lips. His eyes immediately shot down to look at hers as well. Both of their gazes moved back to look into each other's eyes. They both reflected the same look of love and lust. She gently moved her arms to Diggers neck as he slowly began to lean down to kiss her.

"Harkness! Tucker! Let's go! I don't have time for your shit!" Flag screamed at the two. They had been so caught up in each other that they jumped apart at his sudden outburst.

"Flag! Now why'd you have to do that? You're ruining all the fun!" Harley groaned as she watched Riley and Digger sigh and turn to catch up with the group.