She wears them and walks out of the door in a huff.

Thanks.

***

"Hello Campers!" I greeted the 8 to 10 year olds campers with a smile.

"Hello!" they greeted back with excitement.

"I am Julia Garner, and I'll be your Camp Counsellor these two weeks. My co-counsellor is somewhere around, and you'll probably meet him later." I smiled.

Don't ask me where he is, I also don't know.

"Where is she?" one of the campers asked.

"Oh, it's a he." I corrected him. "He is busy buying ice-cream for everyone." I lied.

"Yes!" they yelled in excitement.

"Okay. So, today I want to get to know all of you. Your names, hobbies, favourite colours and meals, everything." I smiled.

"What is a hobby?" one of them asked.

"A hobby is something that you enjoy doing, like baking with your mom or fishing with your dad." I smiled.

I wish I did all those things with my parents.

"Do you want to know what my hobby is?" she asked again.

"Yes, tell me."

"I like gardening with my mother." she smiled.

"I like playing hide and seek with my brother." the other one said.

"That sounds nice. I want you to write everything about yourselves on these papers. You must also write what you want to do during these two weeks before going back home." I explained, giving them all papers and pencils.

"Can we also draw on them?"

"Yes, definitely." I smiled. I walk back to my cabin to get my phone. I dial Aaron's number, but he doesn't pick up. I leave a voicemail for him, "Aaron, please come back right now because the campers have arrived. Bring ice-cream with you, I told them that you went to buy it."

"I'm done!" the girl runs towards me with her paper in her hand.

"That was quick." I said, taking her paper. "Let's go to the others and I'll read it out loud so that everyone can hear."

We walk back to their room and I join them on the floor.

"My name is Mika Roberts. I am 10 years old. I like to draw with my older sister and I love bananas." I read out loud. "Nice to meet you Mika." I smiled at her.

"Read mine, read mine." the boy said eagerly.

"I am Christopher and I love playing hide and seek with my brother. I am 8 years old. I want us to play hide and seek." I said, handing him his paper back. "You have a beautiful name." I smiled at him.

"Thank you." he replied.

"Don't I have a beautiful name?" Mika asked me with puppy dog eyes.

"You have a very beautiful name." I chuckled, and she smiled back I response.

I read 8 more pages and we thereafter play hide and seek.

They all look like they come from good families. I wish I had a childhood like theirs.

"Where is our other counsellor? You said he would bring ice-cream." Christopher asked me whilst we were drawing.

"He... The ice-cream parlour is very full today." I said, giving him a sheepish grin. "Let me call him." I said, trying to avoid anymore questions that were to follow.

I step outside to call Aaron, but then again, he doesn't answer. "Aaron, this is not funny anymore. We are supposed to be working together. You have been gone for hours, and the campers are asking about you. Just, get back here... please." I left a voicemail.

Three hours later, Aaron walks in with a bucket of ice-cream, his right eye swollen and his knuckles red. He throws the bucket on the floor and heads to the cabin.

"Ice-cream!" the campers yelled simultaneously.

I follow Aaron to the cabin and I find him in the bathroom, washing his face.

"Where have you been, and what happened to you?!" I asked in anger.

~~~

Where do you think Aaron was, and what do you think happened to him?

If you want to find out, press that little star down there! ;)

I decided to publish four chapters today, because I will be off my phone for a few days to prepare for my upcoming exams. Hope you understand and I hope that you'll enjoy the upcoming chapters.

Thanks for the support. Love y'all <3