Just Like Me. (1/3.)

Disclaimer: I don't own The Paranorman. I don't own the picture (cover). Or the song.

(qwertuno and SilentReadersMatter)

(Picture is OC is named Amelie Kennedy. She belongs to me.)

(Hope you enjoy.)

Amelie is different than others.

All her life she's hidden a power beyond the understanding of the humans. She's a creature far ahead of their time with what she can do.

"What do you want?"

She usually stayed to herself or interacted with beings elsewhere listening to her problems. It's a good thing they do or her problems might be considered a tad weird.

"I want you to kill a guy."

The ghost floated casually. You could accuse him of a meditation form. Up and up and up and down. It somehow made her sick of thinking going up in those constant motions.

"...Heck no." Amelie snorted, arms crossing. "I've had ghosts ask me crazy favours. This one..it takes the cake."

The ghost glared. She didn't know his name so sticking to natural status stayed a good cause until it trusted Amelie enough to honour that name.

"Why not?!"

She figured it wouldn't ever happen.

Amelie was in the streets. No one was around so she played it safe on talking to the ghosts passing the time until she would be home. Oh, she hoped it to be soon, like really, really soon.

She internally cursed whoever had been blessed to deal with the angels-

-Good ghosts whilst she spent a time dealing with hell spirits and all sorts of demonic looking creatures coming just to talk to the one called The seeker.

"You heard the seeker?"

"He helps with us."

"Unlike the female."

Amelie's hands clenched. Unclenching and repeating the gestures multiple times to calm herself. She hadn't acted out her temper in a long time and she didn't intend to be in trouble now.

Her phone was already grounded for three days. A tale that really needed to be food in details. Amelie held no desire to tell that particular tail.

"Seeker. Seeker. Seeker."

Ghosts weren't kind to the one who had the ability to see and communicate verbally. Making fun of Amelie being a loser, possessing her body for the hell of it, even giving nightmares of families killed.

The bags under her eyes proved days of sleepless. An eye twitched and Amelie mouth said words a blank mind drew just so she could have some damn peace in her miserable life.

"Shut. Up."

Screech.

Amelie's body shivered. Oh yeah, she forgot introducing the kind of ghosts she faced on a daily basis, huh? Well, she'd do it at this moment.

Ghosts, green coloured energy. Usually meaning neutrality or non-threatening. Some even playing the Macarena and dancing in the street. She was not kidding on that.

"Hi!"

"Hey!"

"Hello."