Part Of The Pack.

Disclaimer: I don't own The Paranorman. I don't own the picture (cover). Or the song.

(qwertuno and SilentReadersMatter)

(Inspired by a How To Train Your Dragon Fanfic called 'Though None Can Ever Follow.' Mainly Chapter Nine: Https://m.fanfiction.net/s/10540708/9/ Check it out, it's pretty good lol.)

(Hope you enjoy.)

Honestly, he's never fit in with humans.

Humans are creatures who require assistance in their lives. Norman lives as a punching bag for all their anger to be unleashed on and he's expected it take it all.

But sometimes-

"Nerd!" Alvin lunched Norman to the ground, kicking his ribs whilst he held them trying to soothe the pain. "Your just someone who doesn't deserve to exist! Now, kiss my boots!"

It hurt.

Norman looked at his peers. No one ever came to his aid, so he obeyed and got into a position on all four, adjusting his head to he kissed Alvin's shoes.

It tasted disgusting.

"P-please..." Norman begged, gagging at the mere smell of the shoes. "S-stop. I have to get home. Mom and dad will be searching for me."

Alvin appeared to be considering the words. And he measured the consequences of potentially being caught and sentenced to prison.

It didn't sound pretty. Even an idiot like him knew kicking kicks and done expecting a happy ending was a fool's dream to have when he bullied the nerd.

Alvin decided it was time to leave.

"Fine, Normality." A nickname rarely used by the bully. It still hurt. "C'mon guys, let's leave this loser to lose in peace."

The other laughter Norman and Alvin walking away from the beaten kid. Norman just wanted to go home, was that so hard to want?

Apparently yes.

Norman stood in two feet. Dusting himself off, he rubbed his sleeves to clear any soil sneaking its way into his clothes. Dad wouldn't yelled if that case was presented back home.

He didn't want that.

"Norman!"

He turned to see who called his name. A smiled snaked it's way and he relaxed once realising it was someone friendly toward him.

Unlike everyone else.

The ghost hugged Norman close. Using its physical energy to manifest so it allowed its form to hold the boy close in the arms like he was their child.

Their child.

School was finished so Norman took his sweet time with chatter. The ghost floated all the streets and Norman was invisible via supernatural abilities.

He felt more comfortable than being visible.

"Thanks."

Even not knowing this ghost, Norman relaxed and felt safer around them than humans. He watched people passing the streets slowly. The ghost passed through walls clutching him thought as it wasn't used to accessing it for two creatures.

"Welcome. You are ours. Not then human's."

Ghosts crowded the streets more than the humans. It was probably due them being the dead, but Norman never mentioned these faces. His family aren't sensitive to people.