Everyone Is Happy

The Ex-Cat King was doing a little victory dance. He was certain that it was over. Baron was weaponless, laying on the ground with Kai's sword to his neck. There was nothing the cat could do to reverse the situation.

"Oh yeah! Oh yeah! We win! We win! Who's da cat? I'm da cat! Yeah baby, yeah!"

As the Ex-Cat King continued his victory dance, Kai and Baron continued to stare at each other. Then a single red drop fell and landed an inch from Baron's face. The Ex-Cat King stopped his dance as a silence fell upon the crowd. The single red drop had been blood, falling from a small cut on Kai's right shoulder.

Kai's eyes left Baron and settled on the drop of blood, his blood. He blinked and replayed the last few moments of the fight in his mind. Both he and Baron had charged at each other and jumped in the air. Baron had had a much weaker sword, which he had attempted to use against Kai's superior one.

While in the air, Baron had stabbed forward, but Kai had caught the thinner blade with his much larger one. He had dragged his blade down the length of Baron's until it reached the hilt. With one powerful push and swish, he had knocked the sword from Baron's grasp. What he had failed to realize was that as he had been sliding his blade down Baron's, the thin blade of Baron's sword had gotten closer and closer to his shoulder until it had sliced into his flesh, leaving a small cut, deep enough to draw blood.

Another drop of blood dripped from his shoulder and Kai backed away from Baron, much to the surprise of the Ex-Cat King.

"What are you doing?" he demanded. "You had him! Finish it! Finish it!"

Kai ignored his so-called master as he bowed to Baron. "You have beaten me. You were the first to draw blood. I admit defeat and name you the victor."

"WHAT?!" the Ex-Cat King shouted.

Kai reached down and helped Baron to his feet. Baron smiled at his former opponent. "You have fought well, Claw of Blades. You have much honor."

Kai smiled. "As do you, my friend. May I have the honor of knowing the name of the one who has bested me?"

Baron nodded. "Indeed. My name is Baron Humbert von Jikkingen."

Kai bowed again. "Then I salute you, Baron Humbert von Jikkingen. Take good care of Miss Louise."

He turned and began to walk away from the superior sword master. The Ex-Cat King had his mouth hanging open in shock. "Where do you think you're going? Get back here and kill this guy! Hey, I am talking to you!" Kai just continued to walk away, completely ignoring the outraged cat. "Are you ignoring me? I said get back here!"

"It's over!" Haru shouted. "Baron won!"

"That's right, he gets Louise back!" Shizuku cried happily. She turned to the large cat beside her. "Right, Muta?"

The fat cat just shrugged. "Eh, I guess."

The Ex-Cat King took a step forward with fire in his eyes. "No, you're not getting her! She belongs to me! She's mine! Mine, mine, mine, mine, mi-"

Crash! A potted plant came smashing down over the Ex-Cat King's head, the blow having been delivered by Louise herself.

The Ex-Cat King remained standing for a few seconds before his eyes rolled up. "Ow, that smarts." He muttered, and collapsed.

Louise gave the Ex-Cat King a look of disgust before looking back at Baron, giving him a look full of love. "Humbert!" she cried, running towards him.

Baron ran to meet her. He wrapped his arms around her for the first time in countless years and they kissed passionately.

Muta wolf-whistled at the show of affection from the two cats. "Oh yeah, Baron, you get her! Go Baron!"

Haru kicked Muta in the shin, hard. "Don't be such a jerk." She snapped.

Shizuku watched the two cats, her eyes shining. "Oh Seiji, isn't it wonderful? The two of them are finally reunited."

Seiji nodded and put an arm around her. "Yes, there is nothing greater than being with the one you love." He said, kissing her hair. Shizuku sighed and rested her head against him.

There was a groan from the Ex-Cat King, which caused Baron and Louise to break apart. The former king rubbed his head, which now had quite a large bump on it, and glared at the two cats. "Oh, you, I'm going to get you, Baron."

Lune stepped forward. "Father, you will do no such thing. There has been a great deal of wrongdoing on your part, and, family or not, I'm afraid you must pay the consequences."

The Ex-Cat King blinked. "What have I done?"

Lune rolled his eyes. "For the kidnapping of Miss Haru and Miss Louise, and for attempting to force them into an unwanted marriage. For lying to the king and queen, as well as the rest of the Cat Kingdom, on several occasions. For deliberately disobeying direct orders from his highness. For constantly harassing Miss Haru. For keeping the history of the war between the giant cats a secret and maintaining the war. And for several other things that I can't even remember right now, but surely will in the future."

The Ex-Cat King blinked again before smiling guiltily. "Um... yeah..." He turned to the others. "No hard feelings?"

He received only glares.

Lune sighed. "Father, in light of your crimes, I, as king of the Cat Kingdom, hereby banish you from returning to the Cat Kingdom as well as the human world."

"What?" The Ex-Cat King's mouth fell open. "Oh come on. Isn't that a bit harsh?"

Several people snorted as Lune shook his head. "No, Father. I am sorry. But this is your punishment. You may remain here, but you are not to return to the Cat Kingdom or the human world."

The Ex-Cat King dropped back down on the ground. "All I wanted was to get married. Is that such a bad thing?"

His vision darkened as a large figure blocked out the sun. Looking up he saw the extremely overweight cat, Mieko, looking at him with a hungry look in her eye and a big grin on her face.

"Oh, sire, I would be honored to marry you." she said. "And look, the chapel is all ready for us. Come on, let's get hitched."

The Ex-Cat King made a face of disgust. "Uh... that's ok... I think I'll just-"

Mieko grabbed him by his tail and began dragging him excitedly toward the large double doors, behind which a wedding was about to take place. As the Ex-Cat King was dragged, he clawed at the ground in an attempt to escape.

"Wait! Wait! I changed my mind!" he shouted. "I don't want to get married! I like being single!"

Mieko just chuckled. "Oh, you just have the wedding jitters. Don't worry, my big pussycat, it will be over soon. I can't wait for the honeymoon."

A look of horror and disgust passed over the Ex-Cat King's face. "HELP!" he cried as he was dragged into the chapel and the double doors closed.

Haru started laughing uncontrollably. "There, now everyone is happy."