The Claw of Blades

Baron looked at Kai with a determine look on his face.

"I accept." He said confidently.

"NO!" Lune shouted. "Baron, not him!"

The Ex-Cat King smirked. "Too late, he's accepted."

Lune moved to block Baron's path. "Baron, Kai is the most experienced sword master in the land. He's known as the Claw of Blades. You can't beat him."

Baron rested a hand on Lune's shoulder. "Thank you for your concern, but I will do whatever it takes to get Louise back." He looked at Kai, who was beginning to remove his gold armor to make it easier to move. "Even if it means facing someone out of my league. Wouldn't you do it for Yuki?"

Lune didn't reply; he didn't have to. It was more than obvious that he would do anything for Yuki, just as Baron would for Louise.

A cat ran over with two swords. He handed one to Kai and the other to Baron, who tossed his cane aside.

"Oh yeah, now we're talking!" the Ex-Cat King cried. "Kill him! Kill him! Kill him!"

Kai rolled his eyes and turned to the Ex-Cat King. "Sire, I do not kill without cause. A simple duel is not a reason to kill." He turned back to Baron. "I must admit, I admire your bravery and your determination to get back Miss Louise. You have gone through the Land of the Giant Cats and are now facing me. I would take my hat off to you if I were wearing one."

Baron smiled. "Well I shall take my hat off to you." He did so before tossing it, along with his jacket, to the side. "So, how shall we go about this?"

The two began walking in a circle. Kai studied Baron closely. "I must obey his highness. But I will not kill you. So how about the first to draw blood instead? Just a simple cut or scratch will do. Nothing to cause severe injury or anything fatal."

Baron nodded. "Very well."

"Be careful, Baron!" Shizuku cried.

"Yeah, don't get yourself hurt!" Seiji added.

"You can do it!" cheered Haru.

"Just give us a good show." Said Muta, earning him a painful elbow in the ribs from all three humans.

Kai stopped circling and bowed. "Then let us begin."

The two cats charged at each other. Their swords collided in an X formation as the two used brute strength to push the other back. They broke apart and began the fight. Swords swung wildly, sending sparks flying as the two blades met. After few seconds of fighting, Baron had to admit that he was surprised by how good Kai was. His skill, speed, and technique was astounding.

The hard part was trying to land a nonfatal blow. Whenever each of them made an attempt to actually have their sword make contact with their opponent, they had to be very careful. However, each fighter had yet to cause the other any damage.

At one point Kai stabbed forward and Baron jumped over him. As the two spun around, their blades slammed together again, leaving their faces only a few inches apart.

"You fight well, Baron." said Kai.

Baron tried to look grateful, but his expression was hard as he attempted to push Kai back. "As do you, Kai. I can see why you are known as the Claw of Blades."

Kai lowered his voice so only Baron could hear what his next words were. "Baron, I will not let you beat me, but I am hoping you will."

Baron was surprised by this, and his surprise was what gave Kai the moment he needed to overpower him. Baron was forced to leap back as Kai knocked his sword away. The blade had come much too close; the small cut in his shirt being proof of that.