20. The Big Reveal

Months had passed and the pair had managed to grow even closer. With Poppy's animagus skills, their relationship during the full moon had developed greatly. The pair were able to frolic in the grounds and play fight together under the moonlight. Poppy found it a very enjoyable experience.

Remus' birthday had happened too. Poppy had made it incredibly special. During the middle of the night, she had snuck down to the kitchens and had asked the house elves to assist her in baking a cake. She made him a chocolate cake, which was received very well. She had also bought him some trousers and shirts, and a leather journal with his initials embossed on the front. The night was spent in Remus' quarters. It was a special night full of love and celebration.

The school year was now drawing to its inevitable close. Much anticipation for the summer filled the air. Poppy was excited as she and Remus had planned to spend a lot of time together over the summer holidays.

Today, however, despite the excitement, Poppy felt stressed. Tonight was the full moon and with her end of year assessment coming up, she felt worried as to how she was going to study adequately.

The morning had been spent doing much studying and it was now well into the afternoon. She had studied so much that she felt as though she was no longer absorbing information. A break was much needed. She decided that she would go for a walk on the grounds of the castle.

The sun was beginning to sink behind the skyline and Poppy found herself once more by the Whomping Willow. Part of her wanted to pop into the Shrieking Shack and check on Sirius. However, as she stood there debating it, Ron ran into her shouting "Scabbers!"

It appeared as though Ron had found Scabbers/Peter once more.

Harry and Hermione quickly caught up.

"Poppy! Come under the cloak with us," Hermione urged, only her head visible. "They've just executed Buckbeak. The Minister will be coming by any minute."

Poppy obliged and just as she was about to get under the cloak with the trio, when a growl sounded, stopping her in her tracks. A big, black dog came bounding over and sunk his teeth in Ron, dragging him away. It was Sirius.

"No!" Poppy shouted, immediately chasing after the two. Hermione and Harry followed promptly after.

Poppy watched as Sirius dragged Ron into the passage that led to the Shrieking Shack. Poppy withdrew her wand from her pocket, pointing it at the Whomping Willows bare branches.

"Immobilus!" she shouted, causing the violently swaying branches to freeze.

"Quickly!"

She gestured for Harry and Hermione to follow her into the passage. With the muttering of lumos the dark passageway was suddenly illuminated.

"Where does this tunnel come out?" Hermione asked in a curious voice, trailing behind Harry, who was behind Poppy.

"It's marked on the Marauder's Map but Fred and George said no one's gotten into it," Harry spoke, observing the dank walls of the passage. "It goes off the edge of the map, but it looked like it was heading for Hogsmeade."

"It goes to the Shrieking Shack," Poppy explained, continuing to venture through the passage. They were nearing the end now.

"The Shrieking Shack?" Hermione whispered.

They had made it. The house creaked and moaned. Whistling sounds were present as the wind bellowed through the cracks in the walls. Poppy gestured for the pair to follow her upstairs, which is where she had anticipated Ron and Sirius to be.