□ Chapter 11 □

( TImeskip a week, after the reach Konoha)

"Ah team 7, I see you guys had an entertaining mission" ,said Minato with raised eyebrows as he and Danzo read the mission report of Kushina. "Understatement of the year" ,scoffed Sasuke as he rubbed his still sore wounds. "Okay, everyone except Kakashi and Naruto are relieved" ,said Minato as everyone mentioned bowed and exited the room. 

"Okay now Naruto, explain who is she" ,said Minato, pointing to a very cute, little five year old girl with blue hair, who was holding onto Naruto's hand as if he was her lifeline, while in another hand held a plushie and had a very tiny horn on her head.

 "This is Eri, say hi to everyone Eri" ,said Naruto as Eri gave her million watt smile and waved her hands to say hi to everyone. All of the people present in the room, even the Anbu that were hiding, held their hands to their hearts, their brains overloading from cuteness. 'Critical hit' ,everybody thought. 

"Well how I met her is another story" ,said Naruto as he recounted the experience of how the two met.

-- FLASHBACK --

Naruto had decided that he wanted to do a little town side visit of the now lively Wave. Everywhere he looked, people were either partying or building things. It had been two days since Gato died, a day since Kakashi and Naruto had raided the mansion of Gato. They had found lumps and lumps of money there, so Naruto kept a portion of a million yen for himself, while he and Kakashi rounded up and gave the rest of the money to Tsunami, who was appointed as the new daimyo of the wave country as her predecessor was too frail, old and of a coward heart.

As Naruto was walking by, he suddenly felt a tug on his pants. Looking down, he saw a little malnourished girl, who looked no older than five, at the most seven. Bending down, he patted her head affectionately as he said, "What's your name little girl?" "My name is Eri mister, do you have some money I can get" ,Eri asked in a frail voice.

Hearing her voice and seeing her torn clothes, Naruto got a flashback of himself being in the same position, eating food from trash and getting abandoned. "So Eri, how about I treat you something" ,he said with an eyesmile as Eri quickly nodded. They went into a restaurant and ordered some food. Once it came, Eri started to look at it and ate at a miraculous speed, indicating she was hungry for many days.

"Where are your parents Eri" ,asked Naruto, hoping he would not receive the answer he would expect. "They abandoned me, cause I had this horn" ,said Eri as she stopped eating and moved her hair to show a small horn on a forehead. Naruto felt a pain in his heart, as he too had went under the same thing, "Where were you living then" ,asked Naruto as Eri replied sadly, "On the streets."

As they finished eating, they went out and started walking on a muddy route. "Mister what is your name" ,asked Eri as Naruto replied , "Naruto. Naruto Kitsune." "Ano... would you abandon me too" ,she asked as Naruto went into deep thought, 'I won't abandon her, I should adopt her.'