"Are you really staying?" Jacob asked. Leah looked at him. "Shouldn't you and Seth be with Sam?"

"Why do you want us to leave so much? I won't let you alone with my sister if it’s what you're asking," she said, half joking.

"What- no, it's not-," Jacob exclaimed, madly blushing. "It's just... Both yours and Seth's imprintee are with Sam. Evie won't have to fight hers since we're on the same side. But you and Seth will have to fight Aaron and Sarah. Even if none of Evie and I will harm them, just being against them must be painful for you,"

"I'm not used seeing you so considerate," Leah stated. Jacob chuckled.

"Well, I'm working on that," he smiled. If he was an Alpha now, he wanted to be a leader that care about the well being of his fellow pack members. They were her family now.

There was a small silence. Then Leah sighed.

"I knew the outcomes when I left," Leah said. "But I'm willing to go through it and ignore the pain. For them," Leah added, looking at Seth and Evie who were inside the Cullens house.

"You would do everything for them," Jacob softly smiled. It was the thing he admired the most with Leah. Her unconditional love for her siblings, even though she wasn't always showing it.

"I would do anything for them," Leah said, not looking away from her siblings. "Taking a bullet for them, sacrificing my life for them. As long as they are alive, it's fine with me," The bond between the Clearwater siblings may be stronger than the imprinting.

Inside the house, Seth was sat on the couch, talking with both Bella and Rosalie. Evie was by the window, keeping an eye on the forest, being attentive to any unsual sign. She was still not used to not hear the Uley pack voices. But she knew it was necessary. And even though she seemed to be against Leah's arrival, Evie was more than relieved to have her by her side. Evie didn't want to fight her sister. And having Leah with her just made her feel safer.

"I'm sorry," Evie heard. She snapped back into reality and turned. It was Edward. He stopped beside her. "Because of me you had to leave the pack. You're life is all messed up...,"

"Don't apologise for something you had no control over," Evie smiled. "You just wanted a life with the girl you love. I cannot blame you for that. And I'm willing to help you get it,"

"Your heart must be the purest of us all," Edward chuckled, soon followed by Evie herself.

"She will live, Ed. You'll have your happy ending," Evie said, determined.

"And you'll have yours too," Edward told her too. "I've noticed things are getting better between Jacob and you,"

"Uh, yeah," she chuckled, nervously. "A lot of things happened when you were away but I presume you already know,"

"I do, indeed," he smiled. Being a mind reader, he must have read his sisters' minds to catch up on the situation.

"I think we are doing good. But I don't want to rush things," Evie said, looking at Jacob who was conversing with her sister.

"He is willing to wait as long as it would take," Edward said. "He really wants to make it up to you,"

Evie softly smiled hearing this from Edward. She had figured Jacob was really serious about their relationship. It reassured her a lot.

"I'm glad we're friends, Edward. I really am," Evie sincerly said. "You're my best friend,"

"Platonical soul mates," he smiled. Evie chuckled but agreed. Who would have thought that two beings that were supposed to hate each other to the core, became the best of friends.