Chapter 6: Closer To Me

Start from the beginning

"A new mansion? What are you a millionaire?" Alexandra asked with a curious tone.

"Billionaire"

Steve broke off laughing so hard while grabbing his left boob with his right hand. Perv.

"I figured out since our plan is moving on, we need a new location my father doesn't know for and a house where both Mafias can live" She answered proudly as I gave her a warm small of approving. Not that she needed my approval. She is a very smart, beautiful and independent woman. Something about the way she speaks and forms her words, the way she moves her body and makes brutal facial expressions makes my stomach feel weird.

Y'all don't have any clothes at all so I think the best thing would be for you to go on a little shopping spree, oh and before I forget, ask the boys to give you their black cards" She spoke to my mother and Alexandra while forming slight smirk on her face. She knew what she did there.
As Steve and I groaned we pulled black cards out of our wallets and gave them to the ladies.

I was finishing some work in my office on the theme about the explosion that happened, and how did bomb get in the house in the first place? It turns out we had a snitch, that was the reason they found our location and everything they needed.
I was bored with the paperwork. Usually, I would give it to Steve to do, but he wasn't answering my calls, he just sent me a message saying he's busy. God knows what he's doing.

I decided to go pay a visit to Ernaline.
This time I didn't need to go to reception or need a guide. Ernaline gave me this card that allows me to pass.

I found myself walking throughout the hall because her office was at the end. I could see everyone stare at me as I passed by. A lot of chattering and whispering was coming with some deep stares from a few men who thought they were intimidating.

I didn't bother knocking and just opened doors. I could see Ernalines facelift from all the papers she had around her. Her eyes were blue as ice and her stare was even colder than the Atlantic ocean. For a bare second, it was hard for me to breathe. She mouthed 'sit down' pointing with a pen she had in her arm to a sofa on the right side of the room.

I walked in closing the door behind me. A few minutes passed and it seemed like an hour to me. I sat up wandering around the office and she just gave me an eye roll.

"Yeah I'll call you later" She spoke to another side of the line ending the call. My eyes lusted when she finally ended the call, just like a kid when his mother pays attention to him.

"What do you want James" She spoke through her teeth with a cold voice.

"I was bored so I thought we could do som-" I started speaking and was shortly cut off by her.

"You were bored so you came here to annoy me?!" She yelled out raising her eyebrows at me and then she continued.

"Look if you couldn't see I'm in the middle of something and I don't really can leave this here and go run throughout the lavender field with you holding hands and smiling, so please leave I have work to do" She spat out looking at me dead in the eyes.

I haven't seen her act like this in this short time I spend with her. Her attitude was getting on my nerves and I wanted to fix it, but I held myself onto it.

"Maybe I can h-"

"No!"

"No James! You can't! Before you get to think you're going to be someone let me remind you. We work together until everything is settled and you bring me my fathers head After that I don't want to see you again, to hear from you again! Understood, good, now get out of my office" She was angry. Like angry angry. I could see her fist clenching and her cold expression forming into a mad one.

I decided it's best not to say anything. I smirked looking away, leaving her office. Two can play that game.

A few hours later, Steve picked me up. He said he will be driving us to the location Ernaline sent him. That's where the Mafias are moving to. Weird. Ernaline and I had a good relationship status and I didn't do anything to upset her, but she somehow turned her personality 180°.

Mansion was more than beautiful. It was really big, the outside walls were white coloured, it had many balconies and I could see that the front and back garden was huge. The front garden had some kind of roof, it was explained why, everyone left their cars there.

"I know that shopping is not your thing but you will need new clothes, James. You can't live with clothes you had in your emergency bag." Steve added as we stepped out of the car. I sighed out and gave him a simple nod.

"Jamey, Stevie! Look Alexandra boys are here"

My mother shouted as we entered the front door. I gave her a warm hug as Steve did the same, and Alexandra just waved at us and smiled walking upstairs. House had a clear white interior, here and there touch of some flowerless plants and long fluffy red carpet. It did look like something Ernaline decorated/designed.

"Ernaline said her best friend aka second in command aka Natasha Romanoff will be also living with us. She is currently living in her apartment" Alexandra added, she was excited to have another female friend. We are getting outnumbered here.

I walked into my and Ernalines room. The walls were painted in white and had long black stripes that covered more space than white ones, so I even think it was another way around.

There was a big bed with silk black covers and small bedside tables from each side, that was empty.

On the left side, there were two doors, each door was on another corner of the wall. It seemed like walk-in closets.
On another hand right side had a few differently designed shelves and bathroom doors. There was a small table and 2 sofas in the middle of the room.

It wasn't late, and what Steve didn't know was that I have already bought my clothes. I was bored okay.

There were so many clothes yet they didn't fill half of the closet. I feel like it was designed for a girl wardrobe.

Time passed by and I settled all my stuff and now was laying on the bed. What I wanted now is Ernaline to walk in, and to talk to me. She had those weird themes here and there but I loved hearing her voice and her chuckle.

I had to stop thinking about her. She made it clear today. Even tho she said it in my face I still think something happened for her to act that way.

When she walked in, I wish I never wished for her to come back home.

"Oh, your home" She almost whispered.

I was in total shock, terrified. She was standing in front of me, blood covering her dress, her hair was now messy and down covering her face. She had many deep cuts on her legs and hands and a lot of bruises.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I know late update.

Cliffhanger!

Don't forget to vote!😉 ;)

Tell me how was your day, it's okay I don't mind spam.

See you soon. :)