Chapter 5: Trouble in Paradise

Start from the beginning

"What do you mean it's not a big deal James!? Dust is the only thing left from our house! You better start speaking now! She said in an angry voice which I never question while crying her eyes out on my shoulder.

Present

Not far away from my home, we could see ambulances and firefighters getting closer.
I pulled out my phone and rang a number I knew would help me get out of this situation, putting the phone on speaker.

"Hello?" The woman on the other line answered with a slight tone of confusion in her voice.

"Hiiii! Uh, how are you doing babe?" I asked with a nervous tone hoping she would catch up on it. Nobody can know that our relationship is fake. It could put us both in danger, which I would not prefer.

I left out a breath I didn't realize I was holding when she replied "Oh hi babe! What kind of shit did you mess up today?" I could hear the sarcasm in her voice. She knew she was on speaker and our fake relationship had to stay secret.

"Someone, I think we all know who, has set a bomb in our safe house, the only thing left from the mansion is dust and rocks." I quickly said letting out a small nervous chuckle.

"Well shit. Pick up your men, friends and come to a location I will send to you through messages. Be quick and wait for me there." She said ending the call, not letting me respond. My mom and Steve were pretty confused about what was going on, but I told them I will explain everything later. They are the only ones that can know. Also, it would've been weird if I faked a relationship around them. They are like my family.

You're here! Amazing! Look, Pablo will show your men to the rooms we have in the safe house, you and your friends can come with me." She spoke in confidence flashing everyone a smile.

She showed everyone to their rooms, as Steve and my mom were confused by what's happening, we told them to wait in the living area after settling in their rooms.

"Do we really have to share a bedroom!" I asked in annoyance. Ernaline answered saying it will make things more believable, and that there weren't other free rooms. Not to mention she told me I'm an idiot if I think she will let me sleep on the couch.

Steve and I were sitting in the living area, my mom sat on the opposite side of us and at the same time, Ernaline walked in with 2 bottles of wine, some beer, and few empty glasses.

As she placed everything on the table and sat on the couch my mom turned to her and asked with curiosity in her tone,

"So what's your name dear? How long have you been knowing James? What do you do for living when you have such a nice mansion? Silly me I didn't introduce myself! I'm Rosa!"

My mother spoke in a sweet voice, but I still think she asked too many questions... in corner of my eye I could see Steve opening a bottle of beer and making himself comfortable on the couch. He was confused too, but I know he was at the same time enjoying it.

Ernaline looked at her then at me and smiled gently as she answered my mother "My name is Ernaline and I own a designing company"She answered my mother in a sweet tone flashing her a smile she exchanged.

"Ma there's something we haven't told you and I wanna clarify now. In front of you and Steve."

She leaned in her face cold and serious, giving me a sign to continue. Just by that, she was making me really nervous. heh.

"We aren't really dating, it's fake. Some Mafia leaders are trying to get rid of me, and one of those people is her father. This relationship is just to provide my safety and to do that we will make it public. I hope you understand" I explained to her hoping she would've understood.