Chapter 4: Let's Be Bad Together

Start from the beginning

"Oh, Mr. Barnes I see you're here! Please follow me this way to the meeting room, Ms. Fiaz will be joining you soon" Man spoke in a deep voice, but was giving me bad vibes.

As he opened doors for me, I sat down on the table, looking around at the different types of decorations and how all the shelves had locks on them, and I think the reason was clear.

I stood up walking over to the window admiring the view.
Everything in this building associates this is designer's company, not even giving a small peck of heartless actions and blood-spitting.

As I heard doors open, I turned around and saw a woman around 5'8, with long curly dirty blonde hair and grey eyes, standing in front of me.

She looked mesmerizing.

Then suddenly I hear her yell, "Son of a bitch"

Ernalines POV

"Shhh, you don't want to make a panic for nothing " a tall man that was standing in front of me said in a deep husky voice like he was trying to seduce me. Sike bitch I love only myself.

Trying to hold my anger and closing doors behind me, holding a gun with my left hand just in case. "Mr. Barnes" I murmured feeling irritated by his presence.

"It's James and please just sit.... and that won't be needed I don't have one either" He said pointing at the gun I was now strongly holding as a slight smirk appeared on his face. Jerk.

I seated myself on another side of the table crossing my legs, as we had intense eye contact moment, neither of us blinking. 

"What do you want?" I said looking at the clock seeing it's 12 p.m. which meant the first break started. I smirked knowing that only half of the people that were left in the building were my Mafias. That means that whatever I do now won't be at risk because my men are all over the building.

"Look, I will just get to the point. You don't like your father, and he is trying to kill me so I thought that you-"

"No I'm not a stripper and I don't give head services" I replied flashing him a sarcastic smile knowing what his next words were.

He looked at me giving me 'are you serious' look.

"I can't help you James, lemme correct myself I don't want to help you" I said,  now taking everything very seriously.

"Why not? You are a very powerful woman and this way you could get rid of your father. After that, we won't cross paths and we will be living in peace" He spoke in deep husky voice leaning in his seat.

"But what if we don't succeed? What are the possible outcomes of this situation? " I replied back. I knew that starting a war between blood-related family's would be hard, and many would think of me as a traitor, a monster.

Like they already don't.

Before he could've replied to my words I let in saying "I will help you" remembering all the bad things my father put me through. I could see his eyes giving a bit of lust as I spoke.

"What can we do to buy some time and security for me?" He spoke and I knew he was thankful I was willing to team up with him.

"There are 2 options, either we get married or I present you as my boyfriend. Both options will make you part of my family and hard target to ones who want to harm you" I replied leaning in my seat relaxing hold of the gun.

"Second it is" he said slightly smirking.

"Do you want to get lunch?" He asked me with a cold expression on his face. Not that I cared, I wore the same one.
As I gave him a small nod, he tilted his hand a bit signaling me to pick my stuff so we can go.

As he had his stuff stuffed in his pockets, he followed me to my office so I can get my belongings.

I was grabbing my stuff and putting it in my purse, grabbing my coat as we left.

"You have a nice office I must say" he murmured in my ear in deep husky voice, putting his arm around my waist as he walked next to me, sending shivers down my neck which he seems to notice because I could see a slight smirk appearing on his face.

"What are you doing?" I asked genuinely confused.

"Getting in the character" As we walked towards the elevator, my eyes would glance here and there. I wasn't surprised he was getting weird looks from everyone. The only reason Thomas didn't know to who he was talking was probably that he is kinda dumb. He's funny that's why I keep him.                     

We finally exit the building I felt relieved. James offered to drive which I didn't mind.

Drive was silent, none of us talked, and I was using this time to rest a bit from this long day.

As we were almost there he suddenly spoke "So how did you end up in this job?" He said while his eyes were focused on the road.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked, confused.

"Your father is a mafia leader, has millions of money and nothing is done illegally. However, you on the other side have your own business and your own Mafia. You could just sit all they at home and not do anything"

"I started this job the second day after my birthday passed and I was 18. Because of my father I couldn't be a normal teenager, or like other women in the Mafia. He turned me into something evil since I was very young, and my decision was to move away from him the first minute I could. Building this empire was a pull back and forth job, but here I am." I said flashing him a small sad smile, as he simply nodded in response.

He pulled up and we walked in. On our ride, he already explained this was one of his friends' 5-star restaurant. 

A nice older woman greeted us at the entrance and showed us a way to the table. The Place was looking elegant with few plants here and there. James ordered for us because apparently, he knows the best here.

When the waitress came back, the table was full of different types of food. I was enjoying myself as we talked a bit about my designing company and here and there pulled a few funny moments that happened to us.

Suddenly he pulled a phone out of his pocket and put it on the table. He was getting a call.

"Sorry I have to take this" He said picking it up and answering as I gave him a small nod of approval.

"Hey man, how did your date go?"  "A day?! If you ask me you can get a whole week off!"

"I'm sure we will be fine without you now go!Don't make her wait!" He spoke sounding so happy and I think this is probably one of the rare captured moments.

We finished our food and he dropped me off to my house.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VOTE

Edit:Okay I'm so sorry I was 100% sure this part was updated! Anyways here it is!