Chapter 5

Nichirin Blade has the special property of changing colors based on it's owner. However, due to black colored blades being overly rare, it's properties are unknown to most. But due to bring known, swordsman that haven't made a name for themselves yet, are called black blades.

Tanjiro P.O.V
'The uniform of the demon hunters is made of a special fabric. It has good air permeablity and is also resistant again moisture and fire. The claws and teeth of weak demons can't even rip this uniform open. Also, this...was the box I carried my sister and sometimes Toshiro in during the day. It is made with an extremely light type of wood called "Most Cloud Fir". After painting it with " rock paint", the outer layer hardens strengthening it's durability.' I thought as I put on my uniform.

'Even though this is just a guess, Nezuko might have been regaining her strength through sleep, Toshiro can regain his energy from the sun or moonlight and he can also sleep like Nezuko to regain energy, and not through eating humans or drinking the flesh and blood of humans.' I remembered what Urokodaki-sensei said as I walked into the village where my mission was with Toshiro besides me and Nezuko in the box.

As I was walking I passed a man who looked sad as his head faced the ground walking slowly. I stopped and looked back at him. "Kazumi-san looks devastated... He was right besides Satoko when she was taken. It's so unsettling that it happens every night." One of the ladies behind me spoke to the others whispering softly. "Yeah, I hate this... Always after nightfall, young girls are going to get abducted again." Another lady said before I ran after him.

"Kazumi-san!!" I called out to him with To Shiro behind me looking around the village. "I would like to inquire about the specifics of this situation. May I?" I asked him as he looked back at me with a dead look on his face. "Satoko was here when she disappeared. You might not believe me..." He said as he trailed off at the end. "I believe you! I believe what you've said!! I believe!!" I shouted to him as he looked at me surprised before I sniffed the floor.

'Even though there are still some lingering scents of a demon, there seems to be something else mixed with them... Seems very strange...' I thought unaware of the strange looks Kazumi-san was giving me.

Third Person P.O.V
A girl sat down on her futon before she laid down as she stared up at the ceiling. 'I wonder what is happening to the abducted children. I hope they're safe and sound...' the girl thought as she went to sleep unaware of the black puddle that appeared under her. A pair of hands came out as they hovered over the girl. It brought their hands down before covering her mouth preventing her from screaming. Tanjiro eyes widened as he ran off with To Shiro right behind him.

"Why did you suddenly...?!! They're both so fast..." Kazumi thought as he chased after them. 'The scent gas gotten stronger!! The demon has appeared!!' Tanjiro thought before he looked back at Toshiro. "Try and get to the demons before they take her!" Tanjiro shouted as he pointed in the direction the scent was coming from. Toshiro nodded his head before he ran off in the direction he was pointing at.

Tanjiro took that opportunity to jump onto the building as he ran on the roofs. Kazumi stopped and stared at him surprised. 'Flew... He flew. Demons and demon hunters. Are they all real...' Kazumi thought to himself before he continued running. Tanjiro jumped down the roof as he landed on the floor her spotted Toshiro standing at a particular spot staring at the ground.

'Here!! The demons are here right now!! There are two scents. The scent of a demon and a human woman. But I can't find them anywhere.' Tanjiro thought as he made his way closer to Toshiro who did move from the spot still staring at the ground. 'The place where the scent is strongest...is here! Right in front of Toshiro!' Tanjiro thought before he plunged his sword in the ground. "Yaaah!!" Tanjiro shouted as a black puddle appeared underneath the blade as a woman appeared unconscious.