The Storm Spirit's Storm

Start from the beginning

"Looks like it's too big to go around." She muttered, before sighing heavily. "How do I get myself into these situations?"

(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)

"I hope they're alright." Said Lin. "They should have been back by now."

Kamajii continued working. He didn't seem to be listening to the spirit woman's worries, but he answered her, indicting he was. "Don't worry, Lin. Haku would die before letting anything happen to his beloved Chihiro. The two of them are probably patching things up, and/or, making out. They're fine... I hope."

"I heard that!" Lin cried. "So you're worried about them too."

"I'm trying not to be!" Kamajii snapped back. "But you keep going on about how worried you are and you're freaking me out."

Lin angrily stamped her foot. "I'm coming to you to ease my worries, but you're not helping!"

Kamajii looked at the spot Lin stamped her foot. "You just stepped on one of my soot balls."

The little black ball of soot popped up from underground and began squeaking angrily at Lin.

"Sorry, geez, it was an accident." Lin said. The soot ball shook one of his thin little arms. "Oh, get back to work!"

"Hey, don't yell at my soot balls!" Kamajii yelled.

"Well then make sure they do their job and stay out of my way!" Lin shouted back.

"What's wrong with you? You've been a big grouch since Chihiro left."

"I have not!" The soot balls began squeaking madly, agreeing with their master. Lin glared at them. "Get away from me or I'll pour a bucket of water on you."

"Then you'll be the one transporting the coal." Kamajii yelled. "Now get out of my boiler room!"

"Fine, you can come get your own food from now on!"

Lin marched out the door and slammed it hard behind her. Kamajii glared at the door for a moment before getting back to work.

"Finally." He muttered. "Some peace and quiet."

Lin stormed through the bathhouse, very much the same way Chihiro did a few days ago. What Kamajii said was true, she had been a grouch ever since Chihiro left, not that she would ever admit it. She was worried about her friend. True, Chihiro had gone to Zeniba's before when she was 10, but she had No-Face, Bôh, and Yu-bird with her. This time she just left on her own without telling anyone, not to mention she hadn't been in the best of moods.

Lin made her way to Yubaba's office. This would be her third trip there today, but she couldn't help it. If anyone knew if Haku had found Chihiro yet, it would be the old hag.

"Yubaba!" she cried, entering the room without invitation.

"No, they're not back yet." Yubaba replied, not even looking up from her work.

Lin cried out in frustration. "Ah, what's taking them so long?"

"My sister lives far away." Said Yubaba in a bored voice. "Why don't you do your job, it will help get your mind off things."

"I can't work knowing that Chihiro could be in trouble! Besides, I don't have my work partner anymore."

Yubaba snorted at the lame excuse. "So go pair up with someone else until she gets back."

"But, but, but-"

Yubaba was getting fed up. She snapped her fingers and Lin literally flew out of the room, down the stairs, through the hall, and dropped into the largest bath in the bathhouse. Lin sat up and her mouth dropped open as she realized she was in the big bath.