20.

I'm having a little bit of writers block... so this is kind of a fluffy-ish filler chapter to give me some time to think. (Sry it took me a while to update)

Simon POV

These past couple weeks have been absolutely surreal. Despite remaining in solitary with only Wilhelm, my heart was content and I never once felt lonely.

My family and friends almost never crossed my mind. I know that they are safe and not worried because Wille had made sure to text Ayub, Rosh, Sara, Felice, and my mother at some point. I should miss them, but I don't. I mean, I don't miss them very much.

Nevertheless, it was wonderful to see some friends yesterday. As much as it startled me at first, I was beyond grateful for the pleasant surprise. Wilhelm always tried his best to keep me as happy as possible.

I noticed that I woke up earlier than usual because Wille was still asleep beside me. I checked the clock, it read 7:12. He slept in a little.

I thought for a moment, as I lied there observing the slice of perfection beside me. A fun idea popped into my head.

As softly as I could, I slid the covers off of me and slipped out of bed. I pulled my purple hoodie over my head and quietly crept out of the cabin door.

I strolled down to the pond, we had never once swam it all these days in this wood! Although, it was only the end of January.

I looked around the little dock, filled with hope of finding a small boat. I searched all around the little body of water, but I had no luck. Finally, I looked underneath the dock.

A smile spread across my face when I saw a two person rowboat, just like the ones we trained with for rowing team. I never really liked the sport, I now realize I had only joined because of Wilhelm. But he enjoys it; so I had the perfect date planned.

I grabbed the handle at the end of the boat and pulled it out from under the deck. It was in mostly good condition besides the dirt coating the base. There was a rope attached to it, so I slid the boat into the water and tied the rope to the dock keeping it from floating away.

I cheerily walked back to the cabin and opened the door quietly in case Wille was still sleeping. He was awake, but didn't notice me when I came back in.

He had his arms wrapped around himself; what he does to calm down. I quickly walked over and sat beside him. He looked up at me.

"Hey, is everything alright?"

He released his arms from himself. "Yeah, just still waking up."

I gave him a doubtful glance. "Are you sure, because you were hugging yourself. That's what you do when you're upset. Is something on your mind?"

"No."

"I'm going to give you one more chance."

He frowned at me. "I just don't know what to do... I thought I would have plan by now. I don't want to keep you cooped up here with only me. You have a family and education to get back to and I am selfishly stopping you from doing that! We only have so much time until my mother finds me... and if she finds us before I know what to do I'm not sure what's going to happen and I just don't want to-" His pace was quickening as he talked, I cut him off.

"Hey hey hey I chose to put everything on hold for you. My family will be fine and my education can wait. I would much rather be happy and with you rather than miserable in my studies. If we are found, then we are found. We have some strange way of always coming back to each other."