4.

August POV

Once I caught word that Wille was returning, I knew I had to try to make amends.

When the welcome choir began singing, I saw that Wilhelm was smiling. He looked like he didn't even know he was doing it, but that look was pure bliss within the sound of most likely Simon's voice.

 That was when I picked out the pad of paper and a pen from my bag.  I knew this was wrong, but I couldn't think of another way to start.  I scribbled the most hurtful insults I could think of onto the paper, crumpled it up, and threw it at Wille.

He had dropped it as soon as the paper was opened.  He turned as white as a ghost as his hands began shaking. I couldn't help but feel that familiar tang of guilt shoot through my body as I saw a few tears stream from his eyes.

So far, my idea had worked. I saw Wille rise from his seat and burst through the door to the hall. I quickly stood up as well and followed. I stood outside of the door and waited a few seconds to walk in.

I had the mindset to comfort him and begin my journey of making amends.

It almost couldn't have gone worse.

Why did I even post that video in the first place! I remember the feelings. Wilhelm had everything. Money, the crown, a palace, parents, a love... hell all of Sweden. He was never grateful for his undying privilege that I would kill to have.  And after all I had done for Simon on top of his payments, he had told the prince about my situation. And THEN Wilhelm told the entire society about it. 

That was all before I knew he had taken the initiative to pay my fees.  He is the reason I am able to graduate.  Wille was struggling with the stresses of sexuality/romantic relations, princely duties, losing a brother, and family disagreements. 

I had already fucked up with Felice, and now I fucked up one of my last closest relations to the royal family.  At least I was forgiven by the queen.

You know, I used to love winter. Funny, considering I am named after the fall season.  But this is the time of the year when nature falls asleep and plunges into an amazing, beautiful dream, which we humans can enjoy every day simply from our window.

Right now I feel as if that window is a brick wall.

Sorry for the August POV but I felt it was necessary here (it was kind of short anyway so yeah)  Don't worry Wilmon will come back in time; maybe even next chapter ;)