And with that she decided to say a few words before heading out. "Loyal warriors of the Underground. The time has come. Tonight we prove ourselves. The grounders have been hesitant to our ways. They have rejected us for whatever reasons. But tonight... tonight we show them who we are. The mountain has underestimated us, and they will pay. The mountain will pay, and we will bring our people back!" Zalia's voice was heard loudly, carrying power and confidence. Her warriors yelled out after her last sentence and with that, they got on the bikes and rovers and drove towards the mountain.

**** ******

"Teams Alpha and Beta reaching the hot zone. How's that disabling going, T?" Zalia spoke through her comms. Her team and Marian's team were really close to the acid fog area. So they needed T to disabled it before they got there. T had managed to hack the mountain men's system without them noticing. Right now she was inside a rover, typing away on her tablet while the team she was with was getting close to the dam. "Acid fog disabled in 4, 3, 2, 1... All safe, Captain. Disabling their security systems now."

"No turning back now." Marian said with a bit of a smirk. Even when Marian had her helmet on, Zalia could feel Marian's cockiness through her words. So she chuckled and sped up, her bike now going in front of her team. Marian sped up as well to match Zalia's speed.

****

"Echo team in position, Captain." Echo spoke through her comms when she reached the tunnel access point. The door had a blast proof system, so they couldn't blow it off immediately. They had to wait for T to shut down the turbines so they could blow it off and get inside.

Now that the sensors and cameras were off, the snipers were moving to their positions. They started climbing the trees in front of the mountain's main entrances. "Charlie team in position, Captain." Their purpose was to make sure that no one walked out the mountain.

"Roger that." Zalia responded to both teams. "Delta team, status."
Zalia's and Marian's teams were getting really close to the mountain main gate. "Nearing the dam, Captain." Ben spoke through the comms. "We'll be there in 2 minutes."

"Copied. We're about to reach the main entrance. Let me know when the power's out." Zalia responded.

***

"Why can't we see anything?!" Cage Wallace was in the command center, pissed off because his men hadn't been able to defend their systems against this cyber attack. His father, Dante, was in isolation after he insistently went against Cage's plan of using the Undergrounders bone marrow.

***

The alarms went off throughout the whole compound as the power went out and the emergency lights turned on.  "Green light, Captain" Zalia hears through her comms. "Copy that. Let's move." She gives out the signal and the teams get to work.

Echo and her team were at the tunnels waiting for the signal, they had already used tranquilizers on the reapers so they had nothing to worry about. Once they got the green light they blew up the door to the compound.

At the main entrance, Zalia and her three teams were working on blowing up the huge door. Once the warriors in charge of the task got closer, a few rifle gunshots were heard and people in hazmat suits started falling from the part of the mountain that was over the door.

"Team Charlie has you covered guys, keep moving. Let's open that door." Zalia spoke to her warriors through the comms while they got closer to the door.

**

Inside the mountain everyone was moving to the 5th floor because it was the only floor that the emergency generator supplied power to. It was a controlled chaos. Some of the guards ushered the people to the elevators and stairs while trying to keep them from panicking too much.

Echo and her team had already infiltrated the compound and were securing the floors, killing all the guards they found on their way. They were making sure absolutely everyone alive was in the 5th floor and in the control room. No surprises. The whole plan depended on it.

The team that had infiltrated the dam had already secured the facility and given the bone marrow treatment to the workers after killing the guards.

***

Once Zalia's warriors blew up the main door, Mount Weather soldiers started firing at them from the inside. The warriors in front activated their shields and got into position, creating a massive wall of shields with only a few small holes in between so they could fire through.

Echo and her team got to the main door but from the inside, ambushing the soldiers inside. At this Zalia ran inside the compound, followed by Marian and her team. She grabbed her blue swords and started killing the remaining soldiers, she could feel the hate and thirst for revenge burning inside her. It wasn't just the anger she had towards the Mountain, it was also the anger she felt towards Lexa. With every strike of her swords she could feel a slight release inside of her, like she was feeding the monster inside her.

While they moved deeper into the compound they were leaving a trail of dead bodies and blood all over the walls. To say they were making a mess was an understatement. Zalia wasn't the only one angry, they could all feel the deep hatred towards the Mountain Men.

When all the floors were clear Zalia spoke through the comms "Team Echo, get our kidnapped people to safety. Team Beta and Charlie secure the 5th floor. No one moves until I get there. Alpha team, with me. We're taking the control room."

***

Zalia and her team secured the office very quickly. She didn't need to listen to a word Dante and his staff had to say. She didn't even give them time to beg before her and her team killed them all.

At these moments you could really see these guys were using this more as a practice than a real mission, you could really see their tech advantages in these instances. How easy it was for 40 people to take over a full compound in about an hour.

When Cap got to the 5th floor, her warriors had secured the floor. The kids and teenagers were in a separate room getting the bone marrow treatment and the adult civilians were on their knees at the mess hall and all the soldiers were dead. If you weren't an undergrounder, this was a scary sight. All these robot looking people dressed in black with metal exoskeleton suits and helmets that didn't let you see their faces.

Zalia looked at the mountain people for a few seconds before opening her helmet. "Mothers and teachers. Stand up, now." Some people were already crying, some were shaking and some were holding hands. A few people stood up but some were hesitant. Zalia sighed and spoke up again. "The people I've mentioned will receive treatment in order to make it possible to live outside. So if you're a mother of a kid under 18 and you want to live stand up now. And if you're a teacher and you want to live, stand up now."

********

After the people that were spared received the bone marrow treatment they were relocated to the Underground. Zalia made sure her people were ready to receive them and that they had a space to settle while they set up all the details of their relocation. It wasn't an easy situation but she was not gonna kill innocent people just because their leaders were savages. She would have to address them in the near future.

"You okay, Cap?" Echo asked Zalia after seeing her take her helmet off. They were outside the mountain, the teams were ready to head back. They were waiting for Zalia's order. Zalia was looking at the trees in the distance lost in thought. She sighed and nodded at Echo's question. "You did a great job, Echo. You and your team made us all very proud." She looked at Echo, making sure she knew she meant it.

Echo nodded, taking off her helmet as well. "Team effort as always. Your plan was impeccable." Zalia smiled slightly, not reaching her eyes.  "We should head back."

————

Intense, right? 😬