meth<3 and broken legs

"You're quite the lucky patient today." the doctor said as he handed me an x-ray of my leg. "See anything broken?"

"As far as my eyes allow me, no."

"Exactly. The bullet was quite superficially shot into your thigh. Luckily it didn't go too deep into your skin. We removed it and closed the wound with stitches. Be back in 7-10 days so we can remove them, alright?" the doctor smiled kindly.

"Sure. Can I leave now?" I asked, pretty much tired of the hospital decor.

"Right. Your boyfriend is waiting outside. I'll get him in here."

"Boyfriend-"

I was cut off by the tall man who took me to the hospital in the first place. I was pretty bad with blood nowadays and passed out after noticing the gun shot, therefore I didn't remember much. I just knew that Abbacchio was there when it all went down. I was lucky to have him around as I would've never expected that to happen; especially to me.

He entered the room and the doctor made sure to leave us alone, followed by a nurse that was wandering around the room for some reason. I looked at him, from head to toe and, man, he looked bad. I could tell he didn't sleep last night as his dark circles were deeper than mine and he didn't even bother with styling his signature hair.

"Isn't it kind of funny?" I said with a breathy laugh. "Wasn't it the hospital room where we got along for the first time?"

"I'm tired of this place... And having to take you here every time we're around each other." he frowned.

"You used to visit me everyday after I got shot on the duty last summer. Then you... you kind of disappeared. When I last saw you, you were all drunk and nasty. Couldn't even walk yourself home. I wonder what happened to you."

"It's none of your business."

"It really isn't. But I think I am allowed to think about it from time to time. Because, to be honest, you were the only-"

"Stop that." he tried cutting me off.

"-Friend I've ever had."

And there it was. The awkward silence I could never stand and the surprised look on his face. He wasn't expecting that at all.

"You abandoned me." I stated and looked away.

"I didn't-"

"Surprise, shawty!"

I jumped in surprise and looked at the widely opened door where Narancia stood with colorful balloons in his hand. Behind him were Mista and Fugo, their hands occupied with a huge cake and an envelope. In the very back was Bucciarati, who made sure to make his way first to me, not giving a shit if Mista threatened to drop the cake due to his bumping into the hat guy. He sat down by my side and handed me a bouquet of flowers, each of a different species.

"We didn't know what your favorite flower was so we just got you one of each." he smiled, letting go of the flowers.

"Neither do I." I laughed and took the flowers in my hands, admiring the gorgeous combination. "They're so pretty... You guys didn't have to do all this."

"Of course we had! You survived!" Narancia said, receiving a hard slap on his nape from Fugo.

"Yeah!" Mista shouted. "Happy survival day, (Name)!"

"Bro-" Fugo said with a disappointed look on his face, matching Bucciarati's. "We're glad you're okay, (Name)." he said, somehow trying to make the atmosphere less chaotic.

"Thought we lost you for a second there." Mista continued.

"Okay, that's enough!" Bucciarati said. "Excuse us for a second."