Clear My System

With slightly hurried steps, the girl made her way through the mansion, which seemed to be less of a labyrinth than she expected it to be. She had been determined to find the man Bucciarati sent her to for a few minutes now, not daring to open any doors while searching. It just felt awkward to do so when she had just stepped a foot into the building for the very first time. She could only hope that the goth, as it seemed, would magically materialize in front of her.

As crazy as it sounds, he did. Kind of. The man came out of a room right when she was about to pass that door, as well. She stopped walking and turned her head, locking eyes with him for only a second before he looked away, ready to leave.

"Abbacchio," she called out, earning a sigh from him. "Could you help me find my room?" she asked, already knowing what he was going to say.

"Find it yourself." he scoffed and started walking away again.

"I must have said it the wrong way." she started. "I wasn't asking. I was telling you to walk me there."

He stopped moving for a second, not believing his ears. She had never spoken to him like that, nor acted so bossy around anyone. It was incredible how only a few random words could hit someone in the face like a damn train. The man eventually turned around and walked incredibly close to her, to the point where he was towering over her figure.

"And why the hell would I do that? You're in no position to order me around." he said in a low voice, almost like he was challenging her in some kind of poorly thought game.

"Oh, but I'm not ordering you around. Not at all! That was Bucciarati who gave you the order." she said with an overconfident smile stuck to her face. "You wouldn't disobey your boss, would you?" she asked as she tilted her head to the side.

Abbacchio was fuming, to say the least. Not only was he part of the team for way longer than she was, but she had the audacity to talk down to him. It should've been her who listened to him, not the other way around. But she was right. He wouldn't disobey Bucciarati. Even if it all was about an insignificant task.

His jaw clenched as he tried to calm himself down. Even if it didn't look like it, the girl was simply terrified by his action.
Never in her life has she talked to Abbacchio like that. He was never mad at her and seeing him look so pissed didn't sit right with her.

He didn't say anything else and started walking in the opposite direction of where he intended to flee. She took it as a sign to follow him, so she did.

The silence between them was so oppressive, the only sound filling their ears being their footsteps, Abbacchio's sounding heavier than the girl's. It was becoming irritating as they both had so many unspoken words to say. Both of them were waiting for the other to say something, a pressure starting to poke at their hearts. Who would have thought that only a few months apart would have such an impact on their once close relationship...

Abbacchio stopped in front of a white door. He opened the door for her, since he was closer to it, and watched her slowly step inside the bright room. She looked around, inspecting the nicely decorated bedroom. It was hard for him not to look at her, even if it was just her back he was seeing.

He hated her.

No... he wanted to hate her. He wanted to push her away and out of the team so bad, so he could never see her again. He was dying to see her leave the mansion, even if she ended up with tears in her eyes... Even if he ended up with tears in his eyes