T W O

The light flooded in quickly and I blinked a couple of times until my eyesight adjusted. Above me stood an entire group of boys, and a blonde-haired boy jumped down.

He had a lean build and a big nose. But the real eye-catchers of him were his eyebrows. Man, if we weren't here now, I promise this guy could be a model with those eyebrows.

"Gally, you see anything?" A voice called from above. "Nope." 'Gally' yelled. Then another person jumped down. He had dark skin and short hair. His eyes were brown and he too was lean. He also had this leader vibe to him. His eyes scanned the box and then he turned his back on me.

"How is this possible? There's always a greenie. The alarm couldn't have gone off over nothing." He said panicked, talking to eyebrow-fleek Gally. "You think this could be bad, Alby?" Gally asked looking above at the figures of the other boys. I had to be quick.

I ran behind 'Alby' and kicked the back of his knee, causing him to fall to his knees, still facing eyebrows. I put the knife to his throat before he has a chance to react.

His breath hitched in his throat at the feeling of the cool metal of the knife. But Gally's eyebrows were put to good use as he raised them higher than the sky. "A girl." He mumbled out of shock.

Then whispers arose from above me. And Alby visibly stiffened at the words. He looked up at me and his eyes widened, "Y-you're a girl." he stammered. "No way," I responded sarcastically.

"Put the knife down." He practically ordered me. "you know, I don't think I will. I'd like some answers about my whereabouts and what's going on." Alby took a shaky breath, as he and Gally shared a look. 

Gally's eyes met mine and he cautiously stepped toward us. "Put the knife down, Greenie. You'll get your answers as soon as you stop threatening him. I promise." He was getting closer but I pressed the knife closer to Alby's throat. He drew out a slow breath and tried to negotiate with me.

"Please, stop this. There's no reason for anyone to get hurt, okay? We'll tell you everything you need to know without the danger, just lower the knife." Alby was much more convincing than Gally whose tone was harsh and cautious. Alby was friendly even though I had a knife to his throat.

"How do I know you're not lying to me? Why should I trust anything you're saying?" I questioned them but I could feel my fears slowly calming.

Gally was unsure of what to say, but Alby held up his hands, a gesture that said he wouldn't hurt me, that he surrendered. "You don't have to trust us, but it'd be nice if you did. Listen there's only so much we know ourselves, so truthfully the majority of your questions are likely the same as ours. So please, put the knife down." 

So I did. I relaxed my arm and let it fall to my side. Alby released the breath he'd been holding and Gally rushed over to him. I backed away a few steps and Alby turned to address me, and oddly enough, there wasn't an ounce of anger in his eyes.

"Let's get you out of here," Alby called to the boys from above and they threw down a rope. Alby used the knot at the bottom to boost himself before pulling himself up the rest of the way. Gally did the same and the two turned to look at me. I threw the knife down on the floor and it clattered to the ground echoing off the walls of the box. I walked over to the rope and did what the other two did, but I didn't have much arm strength so the two helped pull me up.

 I was crowded by boys, an abnormal amount of them, but even with them so close I could still make out the tall walls made of rock, the alarming height of them, and I felt the pit of my stomach fill with dread. I stared at them with curiosity and fear but Alby called out to me, walking away. They all looked at me with awe, exasperation, or curiosity. I followed Alby feeling uncomfortable as the eyes followed me, but as we walked away they slowly dispersed with only a few jumping down to search the crates.

No EscapeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara